IGNORED

Linear Power Supplies - Where's the compliance?

Trump won't be good for anybody or anything! But then neither will the "Wicked Bitch of the South".

6Dg0IZ.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Unfortunately Mitt Romney was being too intelligent for the average public when he said that corporations are people too : look at the definition of the word. In any case you should never trust a corporation more than you trust the individual people who form it. Governments are to be trusted only in so far as you trust the individual people who control them.

...and the individual people who control most modern governments are politicians, so there you go!

George

That is why I would buy a Sbooster for my Auralic Aries LE. The Sbooster is as far I know fully CE approved. Maybe it's not the best but at least it has been tested for safety.

I would not buy US made electrical equipment with CE certification.

Just a precision if you allow me : CE certification is a self-certification, ie a declaration signed by the manufacturer or the importer inside the EU that the product is compliant to a certain number of EU directives. It is not, as such, a proof that the device has passed the tests. If you expect a lab report from an independent body, TÜV label might be more appropriate. But the tests have been made on a sample provided by the manufacturer and not on your unit anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary:

Testing and producing certificates of conformity are two different things. The JS-2 far exceeds the standards for CE compliance. I just posted a follow-on about that in the same thread you linked to, and I encourage people to read my longer comments there.

By the way, as with many of the exceeding wordy but short on substance "standards", "directives", "conformity" legal documents, where private firms have locked up the actual documents to sell them at high prices, your own Australian AS/NZS 60950.1:2011 can only be viewed for about US$375. Luckily, from previewing the table-of-contents I can see that it is mostly just a clone of IEC 61558-1.

--Alex C.

Hi Gary:

Testing and producing certificates of conformity are two different things. The JS-2 far exceeds the standards for CE compliance. I just posted a follow-on about that in the same thread you linked to, and I encourage people to read my longer comments there.

By the way, as with many of the exceeding wordy but short on substance "standards", "directives", "conformity" legal documents, where private firms have locked up the actual documents to sell them at high prices, your own Australian AS/NZS 60950.1:2011 can only be viewed for about US$375. Luckily, from previewing the table-of-contents I can see that it is mostly just a clone of IEC 61558-1.

--Alex C.

Uptone Audio is then self certifying their product for CE, I gather this would be for UL and CSA as well. Document racket is what it is, just like joining the stereotypical membership of a toffy nosed club with lots of cigar smoking aficionados.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA