IGNORED

DSD DAC ROCKNA Wavedream with MSB Signature R2R ladder modules , Brand new, Lifetime warranty

Brand new ROCKNA Wavedream Signature DAC, single ended edition. Lifetime warranty !

Listened once; mint condition (of course) . Price when new : €12.000 .

Incorporates the best of the MSB Technology 25 bit Signature ladder DAC modules.

Digital inputs:

S/PDIF 24bit 44.1-192k PCM, DoP DSD64

AES/EBU 24bit 44.1-192k PCM, DoP DSD64

USB 32bit 44.1-384k PCM, DSD64-256

HD-Link1 (LVDS) 32bit 44.1-384k PCM, DSD64-256

HD-Link2 (LVDS) 32bit 44.1-384k PCM, DSD64-256

Digital processing:

High-frequency asynchronous capture digital inputs: 560MHz sampling

Memory-based PLL, digital domain only: 300 fS jitter

Mathematical precision:68 bit INTEGER

Miscellaneous:

230 VAC

128x64 yellow oled display, dimmable in 8 steps

4 control switches

IR remote control

Firmware upgrade via usb

Dimensions: 440 x 360 x 90 mm

The chassis is entirely made of black anodized aluminium

Fronplate thickness : 20 mm

Transformer section is internally shielded

Weight (net): 7.8 Kg

Original Packaging.

Price €4500 includes paypal fees and shipping anywhere.

Will post actual photos later.

ladderDAC.jpg

back.jpg

wdream_persp-1.jpg

The newest version doesn't use the MSB chips, it has proprietary technology, so I'm a bit confused about what unit this is. This is a "new" unit of the older type?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

a unit cannot be "brand new" and "unused" if you opened it and used it to test some files.

That would be entirely accurate if we were talking about a virgin woman... I didn't have the chance to test the DAC in the shop because it was shipped to me. Simple as that.

It is not sealed but it is brand new, sitting in the box, unused. And do not forget the lifetime warranty. A simple phonecall to Rockna Electronics will answer all the questions . "Like new" is when the owner is taking good care of the equipment. Different story.

I'll let the people decide...

PS

And yes, it is a superb DAC. Too bad i need to sell it...

That would be entirely accurate if we were talking about a virgin woman... I didn't have the chance to test the DAC in the shop because it was shipped to me. Simple as that.

It is not sealed but it is brand new, sitting in the box, unused. And do not forget the lifetime warranty. A simple phonecall to Rockna Electronics will answer all the questions . "Like new" is when the owner is taking good care of the equipment. Different story.

I'll let the people decide...

PS

And yes, it is a superb DAC. Too bad i need to sell it...

Curiosity-why do you buy such an expensive DAC and never use it?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My new home is smaller than the old one and because we kept the furniture, there is no room for the audio equipment. My rig is in the garage, in boxes. We were about to redecorate but meanwhile a serious medical problem occured in the family and i have to sell everything i can...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...