IGNORED

Suggestions please re- STANDS for the KEF X 300A Active-Speakers?

Hello Everyone,

Well its a very long time since last I was on the forum?I had almost given up on audio so dissapointed with all the BS & snake Oil.

But I have learnt my lesson and am now keeping it simple?

I am ordering a pair of KEFX300 Active Speakers.I have an ACER Aspire Laptop 3 years old now,but it will act as my server.may have to buy some longer USB Cables than KEF Supplies.

I have in the past paid silly money for stands e.t.c. but thought I wouold ask for some more moderately priced suggestions under $175/£125 approx.

Their is one other thing I wouold like to ask it relates to HEADPHONES?I am still after all these years not to good at audio matters!so please xcuse me.

As far as I can see their is not actual Headphone socket on these speakers? so what is the bast way to achieve headphone listening

many thanks Steve

There is a audiophile usb cable that is supposedly sounding better in long runs, and that is the Chord company silver usb. It got a very good review in Audio critic, but also in other magazines. And it doesn't cost silly money.

Other great budget friendly cables are Supra and Audioquest Forest. Those are highly regarded, and not very expensive.

And you could always buy the highest quality computer cable you can find, Belkin gold for instance, then you're sure you are not paying for snake oil.

Good day misterspense

From Norway

I thank you for replying,much obliged to you

I will certainly check out the USB cables you suggested,the forrest I was aware of the others not.

I recal once spending several hundred $$$$ on USB cable I was mad!

all the best Steve

There is a audiophile usb cable that is supposedly sounding better in long runs, and that is the Chord company silver usb. It got a very good review in Audio critic, but also in other magazines. And it doesn't cost silly money.

Other great budget friendly cables are Supra and Audioquest Forest. Those are highly regarded, and not very expensive.

And you could always buy the highest quality computer cable you can find, Belkin gold for instance, then you're sure you are not paying for snake oil.