IGNORED

Resonessence Labs Herus+

No. Blizzard said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread for a while when he was here, until he moved off to other greatest things. They do have what I think is a very good discussion of digital filters: Digital Filters | Resonessence

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

No. Blizzard said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread for a while when he was here…

I think Blizzard was all about the Resonessence Mirus. The Herus+ is the (much less expensive) portable one. No direct experience, but it's pretty intriguing. I see it as an upmarket iDSD nano.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Resonessence Labs will be introducing the Veritas DAC ($2850) here at AXPONA in just over two weeks. We will also have the Invicta Mirus on display. The Veritas is the first DAC using the new ESS ES9028Pro SABRE DAC chip.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Resonessence Labs will be introducing the Veritas DAC ($2850) here at AXPONA in just over two weeks. We will also have the Invicta Mirus on display. The Veritas is the first DAC using the new ESS ES9028Pro SABRE DAC chip.

Interesting. Really look forward to hearing more about it.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I think Blizzard was all about the Resonessence Mirus. The Herus+ is the (much less expensive) portable one. No direct experience, but it's pretty intriguing. I see it as an upmarket iDSD nano.

--David

Oh right. They rhyme, so I got 'em confused. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

No. Blizzard said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread for a while when he was here, until he moved off to other greatest things. They do have what I think is a very good discussion of digital filters: Digital Filters | Resonessence

Interesting. He is now trashing it, while trying to sell god knows what. Maybe he used to be a used car salesman. I see why he got the ban hammer.

I own a Resonessence Concero HD, which is a good compact, inexpensive, USB-powered DAC. A model up from the Herus, and well below their flagship DACs. No volume control, no balanced out, no headphone amp, but very good SQ and also can be used as a USB to SPDIF converter.

If you are looking for a very small, dongle-style DAC, the Herus would be a great choice.

It is the Gustard X20 that has Blizzard and others fanboying. And I must admit for less than $900 and a rich feature set, it is quite tempting to try out.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star