IGNORED

Afi+USB-Module - USB-Interface, Isolator and Re-Clocker

Hi Ralf,

I look forward to more information about the afi(s). And have a question for you.

Could the external USB-FOC also (or instead) have a ethernet connection. I thing you could avoid the direct presence and connection of the computer by enabling a ethernet connection.

What from your products are appropriate to use with a DAC with no USB input, by SPDIF or XLR?

Finally, on the page afi(s) - USB module

when you describe connections 2 and 3, the main reason for this decoupling was it to allow reducing RF or something else?

I am a believer on fiber connections and look forward to be able to test this one day.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Pictures of the AFI+USB-Module and other products of the Germany based 'Artistic Fidelity' brand are now available on the following web-page:

https://www.cm-audio.net/artistic-fidelity

Although described in German language only the detailed pictures of the 2-piece unit and its connections should make things much more clear on how the USB conversion, isolation and re-clocking functions work so well.

Still this USB-interface amazes me very much in my every day listening, it is so damn natural and good sounding free of any digital artefacts!

Thanks Raimund. Could you please also try to answer post #18 above?