IGNORED

USB gain

Is there any way to increase the USB 2.0 output gain off my computer? I have the volume control up to max and sometime it's not enough. BTW I listen to a lot of you tube music, and I have the Uptone Regen connected to the DAC into the preamp. The CD player gives way more volume, so it must be the computer. Thanks for the help.

Is there any way to increase the USB 2.0 output gain off my computer? I have the volume control up to max and sometime it's not enough. BTW I listen to a lot of you tube music, and I have the Uptone Regen connected to the DAC into the preamp. The CD player gives way more volume, so it must be the computer. Thanks for the help.

There be a gain/volume setting in control panel/audio Midi or the player application you're using, one of them is turned way down. When you do find it, set it to -3.0db.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

There be a gain/volume setting in control panel/audio Midi or the player application you're using, one of them is turned way down. When you do find it, set it to -3.0db.

As I have already stated in my post, the gain is up all the way on the control panel.

Are you sure the volume is turned up in the music player too?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

You need to give more info about your system. Unlike a CD player, there's a lot of different ways CA can have problems. Need to provide OS and music playback software, all the details on the PC, as well as the rest of your system. For example, a common cause for not enough gain when the volume is at max, is the use of a passive volume control instead of an active line stage. The source doesn't have enough power to drive the amp directly. Or it could be something completely different.

You need to look into both hardware and software issues.

Some DACs have internal attenuators that can be adjusted. Check your manual to see if yours has these.

A few people connect to a headphone jack on a DAC, these sometimes have lower output than line level outputs.

On the software side, check to see if you some form of Replay Gain turned on, this is supposed to adjust the volume on all tracks so they are at the same level, it may be turning things down too far.

John S.

The source doesn't have enough power to drive the amp directly. Or it could be something completely different.Qztp3s

Its probably something else. His dac was designed to drive an amp directly. At this point, we can't do any trouble shooting until the OP lists his entire system.