IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2 & A+ Remote – feature requests

Would it be possible to include a feature that delayed the first song until it was loaded into RAM?

I haven't been able to upsample to DSD without frequent problems. Pausing playback for a while seems to help... but isn't a magic bullet.

Having a feature that did this automatically would be great.

Merci [emoji120]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

+1

These or similar feature to stream over Ethernet to a thin client endpoint will be really awesome.

It will end the issue of the problematic long USB cable or the necessity to have your computer close to the audiosystem/rack.

Agree with this 100%. I would like to get the computer out of the living room

- NAA output (would certainly be great with the incoming microrendu...)

Yep, as a long term A+ user I'm not happy having to use only HQP with the uRendu ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Yep, as a long term A+ user I'm not happy having to use only HQP with the uRendu ...

I totally agree.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I totally agree.

Likewise. Jesus commented on Friday in the uRendu thread that he had asked Damien for information to facilitate this and that information had not, as yet, been received.

Music Room: Naim CDX/XPS (Olive) and Auralic Altair>Naim NAC82 (Olive)>Naim NAP250 (Olive)>Atlas Ascent 3.0 speaker cables>Focal Aria 906 speakers.

Kitchen: Auralic Aries Mini>Arcam Alpha>B&W M1 speakers.

Office: Mac Mini 2012>Audioquest Evergreen>Meridian Explorer2 DAC>Ruark Audio MR-1 active speakers.

+1

These or similar feature to stream over Ethernet to a thin client endpoint will be really awesome.

It will end the issue of the problematic long USB cable or the necessity to have your computer close to the audiosystem/rack.

+1,000,000. I think that Damien is missing a business opportunity by (still) not doing that. Of course I do not have no clue about how feasible/difficult it is to make it happen.

I for one have not touched A+ since switching to the uRendu (SqueezeLite mode) which, BTW, sounds awesome. On the other hand it would be great to have A+'s sound and features available in the uRendu too.

JoseL

• 3 weeks later...
+1,000,000. I think that damien is missing a business opportunity by (still) not doing that. Of course i do not have no clue about how feasible/difficult it is to make it happen.

I for one have not touched a+ since switching to the urendu (squeezelite mode) which, btw, sounds awesome. On the other hand it would be great to have a+'s sound and features available in the urendu too.

yes!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 3 months later...

I am a long time user of Audirvana and have just one request... is it possible to make it easier to change the Active Audio device... instead of going to Preferences, it would be good to be able to change that from the main window. Also can we rank the preferred audio device in order of preference.. so it Device 1 is not available it would go to Device 2 and so on...

Thanks!

I am a long time user of Audirvana and have just one request... is it possible to make it easier to change the Active Audio device... instead of going to Preferences, it would be good to be able to change that from the main window. Also can we rank the preferred audio device in order of preference.. so it Device 1 is not available it would go to Device 2 and so on...

Thanks!

+1

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

• 1 month later...

Damien

Very much enjoying A+ 3 both sonically and in terms of library management - thank you!

One (hopefully) small request - is it possible to add "playlist' as a criteria in smart playlists?

It would be useful for editing out various playlists from larger genres (avant-garde or swing from jazz for instance), or combining multiple dynamic playlists into larger groupings.

Mac Mni > Audirvana+ > Lifatec toslink > Chord Hugo2 > Auditorium 23 > Linn LK-280 > Auditorium 23 > Luna Gris jumpers > Linn Kaber

Luna Gris headphone cable > Dan Clark Audio Æon RT Closed

• 11 months later...

I thought I would bump this thread as it was specific to A+ Remote.

I downloaded the trial of Audirvana last night to try it. My music is stored on a Synology NAS, I am a Tidal Subscriber (HiFi) and I have been using Lumin App (OpenHome Emulation with BubbleUPnP Server) and mConnect (for MQA unfold) with my PS Audio DSDAC/Bridge II combination.

I went to the Apple App Store for A+ Remote and stopped dead in my tracks. The reviews of this App at the App Store were pretty dismal but they all seemed dated.

I was impressed with Audirvana but did not want to commit to it because I must have a fully functional, easy to use iPad App. If A+ Remote was free, it would be a no-brainer. However, I'm not willing to pay $10 for an app that doesn't work properly and is not the equivalent (functionally) of my free Lumin App.

So, I stumbled across this thread... Seems odd that it is almost a year old since someone suggested a feature request.

To all of the A+ Remote users: How is A+ Remote working these days??

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

37 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

To all of the A+ Remote users: How is A+ Remote working these days??

No problem for me with my iPhone SE, it could better but it works well. I don’t have an iPad...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Same here, I am also ok with the app and use it on both iPad and iPhone. 

It could use a lot of improvements which I have listed in some posts here in CA, but still does the job.  You can seat on your couch and search, choose and play the music you want from Tidal and your hard drive using this app.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

The same here. The remote app is almost perfect. I’m using it from iPone and IPad. It works fine, you can search albums with the very powerful filters, you can resize on the fly the album list and read the pdf booklet if you saved them in the album folder. Of course you need to have a good tagging in you library ...

Stefano

My audio system

@stefano_mbp Thanks for the tip on the pdf booklet and yes, I've spent a considerable amount of time properly tagging my collection. Lumin App is the same in this respect.

I went ahead with the $10 purchase of the App and plan on exploring the trial version of A+ . I could not get the time slider to work even though the music was playing. I discovered it would not work without the SysOpt feature activated in the preferences.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.