IGNORED

Linux for the Audiophile - Snakeoil OS

Right. quirks.c has been updated in 4.18, so, for example Thesycon etc ... as well as mainline incorporation of ARM chips I'm interested in.

But no problem I understand you are developing a release intended for ease of end use -- which is a great thing -- and good for everyone to merge the DSD mods into mainline as well, @Miska is helping with that.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

• 5 months later...
29 minutes ago, snakeoil.os said:

It's been released.

The Pi will track the i686/AMD64 code, but I havn't apply any additional custom tweaks to the Pi just yet because my primary rig is still a PC.

Great!!! where is the image to download and test, Thanks

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Thanks soundbyte. Juliocat, what soundbyte said.

Sorrry about the need to sign up to download the files bit. That system was set in place a while back as some smart alec decided to initiate a lot of clients to download files all at once - instantly wiping out the hosts monthly quota. Hosting everything on drive is kind of PITA as I couldn't work out a good system to "file" all the stuffs in a meaningful way.

At the time registration was a quick fix and I havn't thought about this until now :P. Hopefully in time I can research some solutions to host the files and prevent acts like the above.

I can verify that the files listed in my previous post work well on my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1, fitted with a HiFiBerry DAC + Pro .

I spent about half an hour this morning getting it all sorted and playing music.

I need to do some more reading to sort out some things I am not sure of.

Recommended.

2 hours ago, soundbyte said:

I can verify that the files listed in my previous post work well on my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1, fitted with a HiFiBerry DAC + Pro .

I spent about half an hour this morning getting it all sorted and playing music.

I need to do some more reading to sort out some things I am not sure of.

Recommended.

Interesting, thanks.  I like Snakeoil a lot.  Will the RPi image work with the Digi+ coax hat?

40 minutes ago, zackthedog said:

Will the RPi image work with the Digi+ coax hat?

I have not tried it, I can, I have a Digi-B +, would take me a couple of hours, listening to to Snakeoil now 😀, but I would expect it would as Snakeoil identified and used the DAC + Pro straight out of the box.

• 1 year later...

Hello! :)

I have installed SnakeOil OS on my old 5i5 NUC's SSD and it worked beautifully.

Yesterday I have decided to upgrade the NUC's BIOS (it is a long story why) and I have discovered that the SnakeOil OS suddenly would not boot any more! 

In BIOS, in both UEFi and Legacy boot sections, there are no bootable drives listed. Entering F10 boot selection shows no bootable drives.

I have tried all possible BIOS settings (secure boot is disabled, etc.), but no luck. :(

I have decided to reinstall it, booted install iso from USB flash drive, went through the whole install procedure, everything seemed fine, but upon reboot I'm still getting the message: "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device".

Any ideas?