IGNORED

Simaudio Dac

This looks kind of interesting. USB Dac and a cd player. It also says that it's the first asynchronous 32 bit digital audio playback system. Kind of new to the whole computer music thing. Wanted a few other opinions on this.

I've heard their cd players and liked what I've heard. I also own their P-8 preamp which I like quite a bit as well. They've got a really warm, musical sound with tons of detail.

Mojo Audio Mac Mini- 2.6GHz i7 quad-core Mac Mini, 500GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Internal Filter Module, Joule 3 power supply. Rogue Audio M180s. Revel F 52s. REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter. Bel Canto Dac 3.5 with VBS power supply. Rel Gibraltar G1. All Sain Line Systems cabling. Etc.... Etc... Etc.... Lol

Hi Kurt - I looked at this on the Sim site a few days ago. On the surface it looks interesting. I found little details on the site and in the manual. Asynchronous can mean many things and commonly means Asynchronous Sample Rate Conversion. The DAC does use a 32 bit chip, I believe it's the ESS Sabre chip. I can't find any data about what sample rates are supported on each interface.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png