IGNORED

Windows driver for Audio-gd DI U8

Well I uninstalled the USB32 driver and installed the XMOS driver. At the end of the installation, setup instructed me to disconnect and reconnect the USB audio device (DI U8) and click 'finish'. So I did and setup produced the following error: … "'C:\Program Files\ … \xmosusbaudiost3033_cpl.exe'-hide" did not return within 30000 ms. And Windows said: The driver for AUDIO-GD is not installed; Contact the manufacturer for help with the installation. Device manager says: This device does not start (error code 10) and the (Microsoft) driver for the device is installed (?). In Foobar2000, only ASIO XMOS USB Audio 2.0 ST 3033 is available for output (no WASAPI), so I installed the foobar ASIO plug-in and played a track which gave this error: Unrecoverable playback error; Could not initialize the driver.

I restarted the PC and used the USB cable that came with the DI U8 and I uninstalled and reinstalled the XMOS driver several times, but to no avail. Could this somehow be a software/Windows problem? I ran Fidelizer (audiophile mode) some time ago.. I'm pretty much stuck here. Personally I think the ID U8 may be the problem. Any suggestion is welcome.

OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled the XMOS driver one more time with the USB cable that came with the DI U8 connected to the PC during installation and it installed, although I still get the setup error: "'… xmosusbaudiost3033_cpl.exe'-hide" did not return within 30000 ms. And there is no sound or output. :( Apart from that, everything seems to be in order: Foobar sees the XMOS USB Audio WASAPI driver and plays without an error and so does Tidal, and Windows device manager reports that the XMOS USB Audio device is working correctly. But the DI U8 appears to produce no coaxial output (out 1 selected) to the DAC (a Musical Fidelity MX-DAC).

I've checked everything and it should work. I have another USB to SPDIF (coaxial) converter that does work with the MX-DAC. Could this be a driver issue? Again, any suggestions are welcome..

The problem is solved. The DI U8's input selector must be in position 3 for USB input (let's say it was quite late last night). But this doesn’t explain why I had to install and reinstall the XMOS driver software 5 times and why I still got the mysterious setup error: "'… xmosusbaudiost3033_cpl.exe'-hide" did not return within 30000 ms (?). Anyway, the converter works. I'm very happy. :)