IGNORED

Marantz NA8005 drops off network every week or two

My NA8005 won't stay connected to the internet. It loses the ability to see my NAS and isn't seen by the Marantz Hifi app or connecting via a web browser. Unplugging the NA8005 fixes it (temporarily), so it's not my router. After a reboot, it'll work for about a week or two, then drop off again.

Anyone else have this problem?

And I know if I call Marantz and complain to their tech support, absolutely nothing will happen.

If that's how the American importer is then it's poor servicing of both the customer and the brand-name.

I've now downloaded the NA8005 Owner's Manual, searching « router » the following might prompt someone else to contribute advice and solutions :

[Page 86] « Settings

Configure the proxy settings and IP address.

• If you are using a broadband router (DHCP function), the information required for network connection such as the IP address will be automatically configured since the DHCP function is set to “On” in the default settings of this unit.
  • Set up the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS server information only when assigning a fixed IP address or when connecting to a network without DHCP function.
  • Configure the proxy settings when using a proxy server to connect to the Internet.

DHCP

Selects how to connect to the network.

On (Default) : Configure the network settings : automatically from your router.

Off : Configure the network settings manually.

IP Address

Set the IP address within the ranges shown below.

The Network Audio function cannot be used if other IP addresses

CLASS A : 10.0.0.1 - 10.255.255.254

CLASS B : 172.16.0.1 - 172.31.255.254

CLASS C : 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.255.254

Subnet Mask

When connecting an xDSL modem or connector adapter directly to this unit, input the subnet mask indicated in the documentation supplied by your provider. Normally input 255.255.255.0.

Gateway

When connected to a gateway (router), input its IP address.

Primary DNS, Secondary DNS

If there is only one DNS address indicated in the documentation supplied by your provider, input it at “Primary DNS”. If two or more DNS are provided by your provider, enter both “Primary DNS” and “Secondary DNS”.»

And :

[Page 96] « Server is not found, or it is not possible to connect to the server.

• The computer’s or router’s firewall is activated. Check the computer’s or router’s firewall settings.
  • Set’s IP address is wrong. Check the set’s IP address. »

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

• 4 weeks later...
Try to assign a static IP on the Marantz and reserve that static IP to be used only by the Marantz on your router. It happens as well on my NA6005 but after making the IP static it never happened again.

A different model, but differences between « networks » too ? Mike, please detail us more information about setup of yours.

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

I gave it a static IP this weekend, and here it is Tuesday and it is already off my network.

You cannot rely on this device to stay on the network, which, for a streamer, is pathetic.

It's odd. The Marantz receivers I have on my network have no problems and are always available. They are however all hardwired to my network (although none have dedicated IP addresses).

David

My NA8005 won't stay connected to the internet. It loses the ability to see my NAS and isn't seen by the Marantz Hifi app or connecting via a web browser. Unplugging the NA8005 fixes it (temporarily), so it's not my router. After a reboot, it'll work for about a week or two, then drop off again.
While I was futzing around with it tonight (after unplugging it and plugging back in), it dropped off the network while checking for new firmware. I had to unplug it again. WTF?!
I gave it a static IP this weekend, and here it is Tuesday and it is already off my network.

You cannot rely on this device to stay on the network, which, for a streamer, is pathetic.

Certainly looks like a network hardware issue with your particular NA8005.

However, have you ruled out the connecting network cable and even the router itself? For example, have you tried connecting the Marantz directly to the router with a known good ethernet cable? Also, have you tried connecting the Marantz to the router using a different port (even swap router ports with another network device that doesn't have problems)?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox