IGNORED

Raidho c1.1 vs. Josheph Audio Pulsars vs. Harbeth 30.1M vs. Focal Diablo III vs. ?

Congrats, really stuff of dreams...

With the photos it seems you are going to listen them in near field...or not?

thank you.

Yes, for now, until i move to a larger office. One of the reasons i went with the d's over c. D can handle larger room with ease.

thank you.

Yes, for now, until i move to a larger office. One of the reasons i went with the d's over c. D can handle larger room with ease.

Are you able to put up room treatments in that larger office? Made a huge difference for me.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I think so, it's an home office. I have yet to venture into treatment... but it's just a matter of time.

Sooner rather than later I say! I've been doing it slowly over the past year. Bass traps then believe or not, ceiling panels made the biggest impact for me.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Sooner rather than later I say! I've been doing it slowly over the past year. Bass traps then believe or not, ceiling panels made the biggest impact for me.

I believe it. I use to try to convince people about ceiling treatments when I was selling audio equipment. Most shook their head and said NO! You are correct. The only caveat with Raidho D1 and other ribbon speakers is that the vertical dispersion is relatively limited and ceiling, while still VERY important would be the last thing I would treat in a ribbon environment. BUT until one tries you still never know.

I believe it. I use to try to convince people about ceiling treatments when I was selling audio equipment. Most shook their head and said NO! You are correct. The only caveat with Raidho D1 and other ribbon speakers is that the vertical dispersion is relatively limited and ceiling, while still VERY important would be the last thing I would treat in a ribbon environment. BUT until one tries you still never know.

Ahhh..good point about ribbons but cant that directionality pretty much be said of high freqencies in general? What about the mid and mid bass? Those waves are not as directional? At least in my experience I heard more overall clarity, especially in the vocal range.

Other components:

Ribbon tweeters by design have good horizontal dispersion but limited vertical dispersion. As a result you should generally be seated so that your ears are at the level of the tweeter for best high frequency performance. Other common tweeter designs like domes or even cones have symmetrical dispersion vertically and horizontally so that your listening height is less critical as the high frequency output is more evenly distributed. Limited vertical dispersion has some benefits, in that it helps to avoid high frequency reflections from the floor or ceiling.

Congrats udis! The D1's will be my next speakers for sure. I need to tackle some home renovation projects first, but after that I'm pulling the trigger.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Congrats udis! The D1's will be my next speakers for sure. I need to tackle some home renovation projects first, but after that I'm pulling the trigger.

Thank you! funny, i decided to buy these first then consider home renovations :)

Hi udis:

I see you are down in Miami. Is the dealer you purchased the Raidho’s from John (I forget his last name) located in the old Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables?

Hi,

Nope i did not. I was in conversation with him (he seems like a very knowledgeable & nice guy to boot), we agreed on a date for in house demo, i emailed him a few times to confirm and he never responded. i am still in the market for a new amp to drive the d1's. maybe ill give him another call.

Not to jump threads, but i noticed your comments http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/suggestions-best-integated-amp-27755/ regarding Ayre. Do you have experience with Ayre and Raidho?

Thank you!

Indeed. once i heard them, i was not interested in auditioning anything else. I literally had goosebumps for the entire first track, ie, not just fleeing moment.. yes, they are that good. I am still breaking them in.. and starting to suspect my amp is a bit slow for them. :)

May you enjoy them in good health!

As for the amp, I told you it's not the fastest dude around... but the Pass is not a slouch either! :)

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

May you enjoy them in good health!

As for the amp, I told you it's not the fastest dude around... but the Pass is not a slouch either! :)

thank you!

you did warn me that they will sound "very ok" :) now i am off to find a better match!

Hi,

Nope i did not. I was in conversation with him (he seems like a very knowledgeable & nice guy to boot), we agreed on a date for in house demo, i emailed him a few times to confirm and he never responded. i am still in the market for a new amp to drive the d1's. maybe ill give him another call.

Not to jump threads, but i noticed your comments http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/suggestions-best-integated-amp-27755/ regarding Ayre. Do you have experience with Ayre and Raidho?

He is not there full time and I think lives in Boca. I think you should try one of the Rowland amps or if you want to go nuts try the D'agastino integrated.

He is not there full time and I think lives in Boca. I think you should try one of the Rowland amps or if you want to go nuts try the D'agastino integrated.
Oh.

I see, i didn't realize that.

I need to demo the Continuum s2.. i also had a different dealer recommend Musical Fidelity NuVista 800, Vitus RI-100, and Ayre acoustics ax-5 twenty. With the exception of the Ayre, I haven't heard of these.

D'agastino is a bit too crazy for me... at least at the moment!

Oh.

I need to demo the Continuum s2.. i also had a different dealer recommend Musical Fidelity NuVista 800, Vitus RI-100, and Ayre acoustics ax-5 twenty. With the exception of the Ayre, I haven't heard of these.

I used to own the MX-R Twenty monoblocks and they are definitely one of the most clear sounding amps I have ever heard. I just wish Ayre would make an integrated in their R line. What did you think of the AX-5?

Other components:

Oh.

I know Howard "the Dentist" in Deerfield has Rowland so maybe you could give him a buzz. The Continuum S2 is a great "little" integrated amp. Definitely worth a listen.

I know Howard "the Dentist" in Deerfield has Rowland so maybe you could give him a buzz. The Continuum S2 is a great "little" integrated amp. Definitely worth a listen.

Just read some reviews on the Cotinuum. I am going add that to my list of integrateds to listen to. I am going to need to replace my beloved Accustic Arts Power 1 amp soon I think. Its just getting back from a month long repair job today and as much as I love it I think its time to look for something else to power my Sonus Faber Evolutions. So far my list includes:

Luxman

Ayre

Rowland

Hegel

Pass

Other components:

Just read some reviews on the Cotinuum. I am going add that to my list of integrateds to listen to. I am going to need to replace my beloved Accustic Arts Power 1 amp soon I think. Its just getting back from a month long repair job today and as much as I love it I think its time to look for something else to power my Sonus Faber Evolutions. So far my list includes:

Luxman

Ayre

Rowland

Hegel

Pass

IMHO

Any integrated amp list should include Symphonic Line. I am biased, I own one and love it. A few weeks ago I compared it to a Octave V110 with KT150 tubes and super black box.

In my set the Symphonic Line won. But I think with speakers that are easier to drive the Octave would be a great choice as well.

Last weekend I spend some time listening to the Raidho XT3. I prefer the X(T) series over the C series.

[br]

IMHO

Any integrated amp list should include Symphonic Line. I am biased, I own one and love it. A few weeks ago I compared it to a Octave V110 with KT150 tubes and super black box.

In my set the Symphonic Line won. But I think with speakers that are easier to drive the Octave would be a great choice as well.

Last weekend I spend some time listening to the Raidho XT3. I prefer the X(T) series over the C series.

I would love to try some tube integrated like VAC or Allnic as well but I am afraid my speakers are pretty hard to drive. Everything I have read about them says they require a fair amount of power to sound their best.

Other components:

I would love to try some tube integrated like VAC or Allnic as well but I am afraid my speakers are pretty hard to drive. Everything I have read about them says they require a fair amount of power to sound their best.

Same here. The Vitus RI100 has definitely piqued my curiosity.

Funny you say that. i spoke to Howard when i was shopping for the monitors. He is a big fan of Focal.