IGNORED

Raidho c1.1 vs. Josheph Audio Pulsars vs. Harbeth 30.1M vs. Focal Diablo III vs. ?

It's often hard to gauge the speakers character until you put them side by side and drive them with identical electronics. I am lucky to have that opportunity because I did consider going for the D1.

Also do note that the D1 needs the original stand for it to play at its best. If you don't like the original stands and is thinking of using a more rigid stands you are in for a lost in sound quality.

It's often hard to gauge the speakers character until you put them side by side and drive them with identical electronics. I am lucky to have that opportunity because I did consider going for the D1.

Also do note that the D1 needs the original stand for it to play at its best. If you don't like the original stands and is thinking of using a more rigid stands you are in for a lost in sound quality.

Is there any information on why their stands are not rigid?

I can see effectiveness "lossy" stands (for energy dissipation) but not in "wobbly" ones.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

I think it's the decoupling theory Raidho adheres to. There are many various ways on how speakers designers control or manage vibrations. I don't think it's a right or wrong per se and if it works why not. Certainly it works but I personally prefers a rigid solid stand for practical reasons.

I think it's the decoupling theory Raidho adheres to. There are many various ways on how speakers designers control or manage vibrations. I don't think it's a right or wrong per se and if it works why not. Certainly it works but I personally prefers a rigid solid stand for practical reasons.

They are somewhat "wobbly". However, if you upgrade to the adjustable kit (retrofit), they sit firmly.

Feet.jpg

The reviewer from 6moons actually stacked books to add weight. I don't think it's necessary, but will test.

02.jpg

Here's a video from Michael Borresen (Raidho's President) talking about the stands..

It may help...best is goes with what sound best to you.

That's all it matters [emoji4]

I generally prefer best performance to "most pleasant" sound.

Fortunately, for my taste, they tend to be related most of the time.

R

Yes! I purchased the D1's. Been listening to them with my pass. Still breaking them in (50hrs so far). They are very special.

Ahh so you bit the bullet for the "ultimate" Raidho IMHO and one of not the best stand mounted monitor.

I am glad you went the distance over the C1.1.

Enjoy. They are very special!!

Michael Borrenson, the raidho designer, explains his stand philosophy in a YouTube video somewhere. I have the Scansonic MB1s, and the factory stands cost 1K. So I put them on a more modest set of stands. They sound great for the money, and I don't know what I'm missing ;)

They are somewhat "wobbly". However, if you upgrade to the adjustable kit (retrofit), they sit firmly.

Here's a video from Michael Borresen (Raidho's President) talking about the stands..

Thanks for the video.

Unfortunately it falls short of explaining the mechanism or mechanisms used to dissipate the energy.

But I agree that hard, high mass structures are not adequate for this purpose, whether they are used in stands or in speaker cabinets.

You mentioned that they were 'wobbly'; do they swing a bit if you place your hand on the speaker base and move it back and forth or side to side?

R

Ahh so you bit the bullet for the "ultimate" Raidho IMHO and one of not the best stand mounted monitor.

I am glad you went the distance over the C1.1.

Enjoy. They are very special!!

Thank you!

Indeed. once i heard them, i was not interested in auditioning anything else. I literally had goosebumps for the entire first track, ie, not just fleeing moment.. yes, they are that good. I am still breaking them in.. and starting to suspect my amp is a bit slow for them. :)

Thank you!

Indeed. once i heard them, i was not interested in auditioning anything else. I literally had goosebumps for the entire first track, ie, not just fleeing moment.. yes, they are that good. I am still breaking them in.. and starting to suspect my amp is a bit slow for them. :)

I am really happy you went in that direction. These are speakers, no matter what comes next, that you can literally be happy with for years to come. The "bad" part are they are that good that they will have you yearning to try better and better sources. Just listen and enjoy. If I were going to go crazy for my second home those would be my speakers of choice. If my second home ever becomes my first home those will become my speakers.

Yes, those that don't want to spend the bucks, shouldn't listen and just love the C1.1 and be happy. However, once you hear the D1 be prepared to go to the bank and cash out.

Thanks for the video.

Unfortunately it falls short of explaining the mechanism or mechanisms used to dissipate the energy.

But I agree that hard, high mass structures are not adequate for this purpose, whether they are used in stands or in speaker cabinets.

You mentioned that they were 'wobbly'; do they swing a bit if you place your hand on the speaker base and move it back and forth or side to side?

R

When they arrived, i did not have the stands. So i mounted them on my more conventional stand (solid sand fill steel). Strangely enough, one stand arrived via UPS before the other, so i decided to experiment and switched one out. The difference was amazing. The left side (raidho stands) was clearer, more air, more separation, while the right side (traditional heavy stand) was a bit slower and laid back. Clearly not a scientific study, but nevertheless, made me feel good about the 2k stand purchase.

To answer your question, yes. They do wobble (not swing) when i apply top side to side pressure. But it's not a wobble you'd expect to result in a tip, but rather very intentional. I will admit, i now lock my office door so my two toddlers won't wander in.

Udis: Finish question asked above. And if you don't mind how much off list were you able to negotiate. tx

i promised the dealer to not disclose what i paid. this was the first time i worked with him and promised him i'll come back for more...