c8157c19-06bc-4a75-90f2-96f00663f365.png

FROGTOWN

Available now for pre-order at:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/frogtown/id1082734954

Bandcamp (CD + 180G 2LP set + Downloads): https://anthonywilson.bandcamp.com

Official worldwide release April 15, 2016

March 16, 2016

Dear Friends,

I am excited to announce the availability of my new album Frogtown as a pre-order in all formats.

A collection of original instrumental and vocal songs, Frogtown feels both intensely personal and broadly panoramic to me, and it's the first time I've sung on record. The album is a huge step forward for me.

Right now, two songs — "She Won't Look Back" (vocal) and "The Geranium" (instrumental) — are included as immediate downloads with all album orders.

I invited my longtime friend and musical colleague Mike Elizondo (producer for Gary Clark Jr. & Fiona Apple, bassist for Ry Cooder) to produce "Frogtown." His instincts and skills in the studio brought an ideal sonic identity to each song. My other collaborators are "The Curators," the band of incredible musicians I've been working with for the past few years: drummers Jim Keltner and Matt Chamberlain, violinist Petra Haden, and keyboardists Patrick Warren and Josh Nelson. Horn players Adam Schroeder, Daniel Rosenboom, and Bob Reynolds join in on a couple of songs; and the faint but evocative trace of a harmonica, played by songwriter Jesse Harris, is woven into the fabric of another.

I wanted each piece on “Frogtown” to evoke a distinct feeling, mood, or landscape; I wanted to tell musical stories in which every individual element contributes something essential and meaningful to the whole.

For me, one of the album's highlights is the song “Your Footprints” — co-written with the brilliant songwriter Dan Wilson (Adele, Taylor Swift, Semisonic) — featuring inspired playing from one of my true musical heroes: tenor saxophonist Charles Lloyd. The song speaks about wandering, about memory, about finding one's own pathway via the clues left by those that have passed on.

Other songs summon varied personal musical influences — the FM radio that I listened to as a boy growing up in LA in the 1970’s, Ry Cooder’s diverse body of work, guitar styles from the 1920’s to the present day, even children’s rhymes.

For the "digitally inclined," downloads are available at iTunes, and at Bandcamp.com. CDs and vinyl are available at Bandcamp.com. Analog-heads can note that the lacquers for the vinyl edition of Frogtown on 180-gram HQ vinyl were cut from the original 96K/24bit digital files by mastering legend Bernie Grundman, and the vinyl was pressed at RTI. It's a spectacular sounding analog edition.

The jackets & labels were beautifully designed by Los Angeles-based architecture/design house Aamp Studio (AAmp Studio) and printed using offset lithography and letterpress processes by Stumptown Printers (Stumptown Printers) in Portland, Oregon.

I hope you'll consider adding "Frogtown" to your collection, and that you'll tell your friends about it!

With warm regards,

Anthony Wilson

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png