IGNORED

Song length more than doubled on Hi-Res files

I have a weird thing happening with only my Hi-res files. Not FLAC stuff that's ripped by myself from CD, but rather higher-res bought items like 24/96+ from Linn, B&W or HD Tracks.

What happens is the song may start playing but then instead of the song being 3:50, it shows as 8:20 or even longer....??? The song may play well but then there's 3-5 minutes of silence after... then it plays the next song with similar dead air space. Often the highest res songs even chop up a bit.

Any ideas as to how can I find the problem point?

• Android with BubbleUPnP app, or iPhone w/ native Simaudio App
  • Synology NAS (using the Synology server software. Formerly used Asset, but it no longer functions)
  • Simaudio Moon 180 MiND to a 100D DAC
  • Anthem AVX710

I have a weird thing happening with only my Hi-res files. Not FLAC stuff that's ripped by myself from CD, but rather higher-res bought items like 24/96+ from Linn, B&W or HD Tracks.

What happens is the song may start playing but then instead of the song being 3:50, it shows as 8:20 or even longer....??? The song may play well but then there's 3-5 minutes of silence after... then it plays the next song with similar dead air space. Often the highest res songs even chop up a bit.

Dropouts and silence are clear indicators of poor format conversion. This brings into question the provenance of the files as well - I would not be happy getting this quality from any vendor.

Edit: You could have an issue with downloading large files. Try using a File Download manager instead of your browser as some browsers can have problems handling intermittent connections from download servers.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110