IGNORED

Bonnie Raitt - Dig In Deep 2016 HDTracks 24/96 flac

Bonnie Raitt - Dig In Deep 2016, HDTracks 24/96 flac

Very good tunes, a little more of a rocker than the bluesy Nick of Time days.

Album sounds good, the highs are very clean and detailed along with a very solid bass. Vocals are clean sounding for a modern production. Supposed to have used three different mikes at the same time and then used different blends to get the desired sound, I don't hear it?

Can't really comment on soundstage as I listened the first couple spins on my Senn HD-650 cans.

BUT sadly this is one of the most heavily compressed productions I've ever heard, all loud all the time! clear.png Tmeter measures DR7

I read a interview in April's Stereophile today that they were doing a "audiophile" release, she was excited that audiophiles would be interested in her music. I think they may have done a different master for the LP, HDA customers aren't audiophiles I guess. This sh-tt is beginning to really piss me off. clear.png

1989 Nick of Time CD DR14 1991 Luck of the Draw CD DR13

If you want the download I got a 20% discount using this code HDSURVEY20 Code is supposed to be good till the end of the month for anything at HDTracks. If it isn't accepted the first entry, try it a second time, that's how it worked for me.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Bonnie Raitt - Dig In Deep 2016, HDTracks 24/96 flac

Very good tunes, a little more of a rocker than the bluesy Nick of Time days.

Album sounds good, the highs are very clean and detailed along with a very solid bass. Vocals are clean sounding for a modern production. Supposed to have used three different mikes at the same time and then used different blends to get the desired sound, I don't hear it?

Can't really comment on soundstage as I listened the first couple spins on my Senn HD-650 cans.

BUT sadly this is one of the most heavily compressed productions I've ever heard, all loud all the time! clear.png Tmeter measures DR7

I read a interview in April's Stereophile today that they were doing a "audiophile" release, she was excited that audiophiles would be interested in her music. I think they may have done a different master for the LP, HDA customers aren't audiophiles I guess. This sh-tt is beginning to really piss me off. clear.png

1989 Nick of Time CD DR14 1991 Luck of the Draw CD DR13

If you want the download I got a 20% discount using this code HDSURVEY20 Code is supposed to be good till the end of the month for anything at HDTracks. If it isn't accepted the first entry, try it a second time, that's how it worked for me.

Bonnie Raitt is a favorite artist of mine, who always kills in concert. However, I won't go to see her play anymore because ticket prices for the good seats are usually $100+ if you can even get tickets before the scalpers snap them all up, and her recent discography is a microcosm of everything that's wrong with commercially-released music today.

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 2.44.42 PM.png

As far as "audiophiles" being interested in her music, while the LP may sound better than the hi-res download or the CD, the fringe vinyl crowd is an even smaller segment of the audiophile community as a whole. I seriously doubt that letter-writing to the record companies is going to change anything. Virtally all new pop music is DR crushed. It does not matter if it's the The Alabama Shakes or Adele, it's all the same compressed, brickwalled crap.

Bonnie Raitt is a favorite artist of mine, who always kills in concert. However, I won't go to see her play anymore because ticket prices for the good seats are usually $100+ if you can even get tickets before the scalpers snap them all up, and her recent discography is a microcosm of everything that's wrong with commercially-released music today.

As far as "audiophiles" being interested in her music, while the LP may sound better than the hi-res download or the CD, the fringe vinyl crowd is an even smaller segment of the audiophile community as a whole. I seriously doubt that letter-writing to the record companies is going to change anything. Virtally all new pop music is DR crushed. It does not matter if it's the The Alabama Shakes or Adele, it's all the same compressed, brickwalled crap.

Yep, a fav of mine for over 25 years also. Your screenshot vividly paints the sad picture of what has happened in the recording industry over those years.

The only weapon we have is public opinion and maybe some artists awareness. Beyond supporting the Database and writing to the labels, artistes, and in forums, etc; there is little else we can do. Robert Baird has a 3 page interview in the just released April Stereophile and when discussing a Audiophile release with her marketing people Bonnie is quoted as asking "Are you sure people who listen to me would want to hear it like that?" Seems as though some artists aren't even aware that there is a market of people that care about sound quality. Sadly those marketing people don't seem to get the fact that not all audiophiles want vinyl and the uncrushed version is also what should have gone out in HDA. :(

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

no-mqa-sm.jpg