IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Which DAC do you have? Some DACs are not muting their analog outputs when switching to/from DoP.

If it has a volume control, you may try to activate the option "mute volume during sample rate change" in the audio system page of the preferences.

Otherwise, it is a fix that should take place in the DAC firmware. You may want to ask your DAC manufacturer for such a few, as it may already be existing in a beta version of the new firmware.

My iFi Micro iDSD was emitting a loud snap/pop whenever it stopped receiving a DSD signal--either at the end of an album or whenever I hit 'stop' in A+. I had just recently installed the latest firmware (5.10) and I didn't recall it happening with the previous firmware (5.0). I wrote to iFi, and they very kindly sent me a beta copy of 5.20, which they said should fix the problem. After installing 5.20, I'm happy to report that the snap/pop is now gone!

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

My iFi Micro iDSD was emitting a loud snap/pop whenever it stopped receiving a DSD signal--either at the end of an album or whenever I hit 'stop' in A+. I had just recently installed the latest firmware (5.10) and I didn't recall it happening with the previous firmware (5.0). I wrote to iFi, and they very kindly sent me a beta copy of 5.20, which they said should fix the problem. After installing 5.20, I'm happy to report that the snap/pop is now gone!

Very good news... This pop is very annoying.

Do you know when the 5.20 will be launched?

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

The Tidal integration works very well...

One little bug. After adding some tracks to a playlist one of them got multiplied and after deleting it then I got an error when trying to add more tracks to the list...

I think with an app restart it will be fixed but it was really late at night and I didn't try..

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

The Tidal integration works very well...

One little bug. After adding some tracks to a playlist one of them got multiplied and after deleting it then I got an error when trying to add more tracks to the list...

I think with an app restart it will be fixed but it was really late at night and I didn't try..

Yes after restating the app the problem is fixed

I have enabled the three month trial to TIDAL but could not login as an already registered user to redeem it. Is the offer valid only to new unregistered users? And if not is there a way to get a premium account voucher to enable It through the TIDAL homepage?

If you have a another mail account that you can use to register a new Tidal account. You are good to go. Remember to create it through Audirvana preferences.

Hi Damien,

When the length of a track name and/or artist is long enough to exceed the Audirvana Plus' window size, the window itself expands outside the screen size and can't be resized. This did not happen in v 2.4.

Previously the window would stay the same and the track details used to glide in Audirvana console.

This issue probably will not be faced with most as usually the classical pieces have such lengths.

Let me give you the track details so that you can reproduce.

Track name:

Die Gärtnerin aus Liebe, K. 196: Akt I, Szene I. No. 1 Introduktion "Welches Vergnügen" (Chor, Ramiro, Podestà, Sandrina, Nardo, Serpetta)

Artist:

NDR Sinfonieorchester, Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt; Chor des Norddeutschen Rundfunks, Helmut Franz; Hermann Prey, Tatiana Troyanos, Ileana Cotrubaş, Helen Donath, Gerhard Unger

Is this an issue or a deliberate functionality change? I would honestly prefer the previous behavior as most of my library consist of such music.

Thanks.

nv

huh.png

Matthäus-Passion, BWV 244 - Erster Teil: 9a. Evangelista Aber am ersten Tage der süßen Brot 9b. Chorus I Wo willst du, daß wir dir bereiten 9c. Evangelista, Jesus Er sprach: Gehet ihn in die Stadt 9d. Evangelista Und sie wurden sehr betrübt 9e. Chorus I Herr, bin ich's

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 14.33.18_630px.jpg

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Hi Damien,

When the length of a track name and/or artist is long enough to exceed the Audirvana Plus' window size, the window itself expands outside the screen size and can't be resized. This did not happen in v 2.4.

Previously the window would stay the same and the track details used to glide in Audirvana console.

This issue probably will not be faced with most as usually the classical pieces have such lengths.

Let me give you the track details so that you can reproduce.

Track name:

Die Gärtnerin aus Liebe, K. 196: Akt I, Szene I. No. 1 Introduktion "Welches Vergnügen" (Chor, Ramiro, Podestà, Sandrina, Nardo, Serpetta)

Artist:

NDR Sinfonieorchester, Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt; Chor des Norddeutschen Rundfunks, Helmut Franz; Hermann Prey, Tatiana Troyanos, Ileana Cotrubaş, Helen Donath, Gerhard Unger

Is this an issue or a deliberate functionality change? I would honestly prefer the previous behavior as most of my library consist of such music.

Thanks.

nv

Edit: The issue seems to appear only with the artist name. I have checked with a track which has a long track name but short artist name, it is smooth.

sorry: can't test here as I only use, for classical music, "composer" as artist and put everything else in dedicated tags

hopefully someone else can

@Damien: guess nothing you can/should do about it but... Tidal volume is at least twice as loud as everything else :mad:

Qobuz and local files are quite on par but when streaming from Tidal I have to turn volume almost all the way down :rolleyes:

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I am listening to Tidal right now (with Audirvana) , everything works very nicely. While signing up on Tidal's web site though, I tried to play some music and got a "please install Adobe Flash Player" error and my reaction was 'wow, what planet are these people on?' (or if you prefer, 'what century are these people in?').

A.

What browser was this in? And what page?

definitely something weird on Tidal using Safari: clicking "Login" just opens a black, empty, page :-/

all is fine in Firefox though

headphones system:

Weird. We don't do Flash.

Same here, on both regular Safari and the Safari Technology Preview:

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 1.30.01 PM.png

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

That's so odd. I'm playing from the same page perfect in Safari. [ATTACH=CONFIG]25383[/ATTACH]

Just to check - I'm just navigating Genres, Classical, New Albums, clicking the cover of the first album in the list (i.e, to launch playback) and I get the error message as shown.

Exact same sequence works fine on Chrome.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

That's so odd. I'm playing from the same page perfect in Safari.

sure you do not have Flash installed on your computer?

if some features (as stated on the website, seen using Firefox) are only available using Chrome... means Flash *is* required!

(Chrome has embedded Flash)

headphones system:

as stated on the website, seen using Firefox) are only available using Chrome.

And at the risk of beating a dead horse - browser-specific requirements? In 2016?

A.

(I think this is all off-topic re: Audirvana, but I figure we are due for a new thread any second now)