IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

edit: loving 2.4 right now! Or it could be the wine, I don't know... I will have to sober up before making a decision.

Go ahead and enjoy the wine. 2.4 is really good. I don't know for certain, but it seems to me there was a bump up in SQ somewhere in the last 2 or 3 betas.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I recently bougth Audirvana 2.3.3 and was very impressed about this tool and especially for the sound quality. I use Audirvana + only for streaming with Qobuz.

Now, the 2.4 version sounds in my system a litte more clinical, more details but of the other side less analog and lower bass. In summary a little bit more stressful. Most of you here a better sound quality. Perhaps I had a bad day or my ears.

So, I`m interesting in your further experience with the sound quality of 2.4 in camparison with 2.3.3. Are they furthermore any objective references which explain the possible sound differences?

If there is some specific reason 2.4 should sound better, only Damien knows. I like it, but it is very easy for people to imagine things, and I don't claim to either be objective or have golden ears. Also, people have a very wide variety of equipment, so it is not surprising that opinions regarding the sound will vary.

I would simply say that if you prefer the sound of 2.3.3, then go ahead and enjoy it rather than turning it into something to worry about.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

As long as you rename the app, you don't usually need a separate folder.