IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Hello Damien.

I have asked for the abillity to control the output volume in the remote app using the volumebutton on the device (in my case, Ipad) for some time now and I would appreciate at least a comment on the subject. The solution that you have right now is to put it mildly, not good. All other aspects of the package is just great but .......... :-(

Hello Damien.

I have asked for the abillity to control the output volume in the remote app using the volumebutton on the device (in my case, Ipad) for some time now and I would appreciate at least a comment on the subject. The solution that you have right now is to put it mildly, not good. All other aspects of the package is just great but .......... :-(

Spotify (in Ipad) is using the button for volume adjust of remote units. They seem to have some problems though, just half the button works so you can only lower the volume (probably some bug that will be fixed).

I found some information regarding another app that had some problem using the button but it seems that it's solwed now.

Taking control of the volume buttons on iOS, like Camera+ | farp.blog

If for some reason you are not allowed to use the button, could you at least relocate the slider to a different possition and make a bit bigger. It's to close to the "artist" button and much to sensitive. Another solution would be to replace the slider for a pair of up/down buttons.

Best regards. Bengt Dahlberg

The volume control buttons on the iPad are there to control the level of the audio output by the iPad itself. To interfere with that functionality seems to be a bad idea and I'd guess is prohibited by Apple [or maybe not – I just noticed your later post]

The best way to remotely control the audio level output by Audirvana Plus is to use the physical Apple remote. That way there's never any wait for an app to connect.

The volume button is adressed for other use as well, in the Ipad camera for instance. That was implemented after another app developer had made that happend. He was then cut out of the app store (breifly I think) but later on Apple did let others use the button for additional purposes. Spotify does use it in the way that I would like to see in Audirvana. It works perfectly with my Samsung phone and Spotify as well. The main purpose of a network remote is as I see it that it will work in all of the network covered area, an Apple remote does not do that. I have my set one floor up in our house and usually I bring the remote downstairs for the abbility to skip a track or change the playback volume. The volume slider works, it's just not as ergonomical as I would like it too be. Does the volumebutton work on Iphones ?

• 2 weeks later...
I'll always leave room for users to tune the resulting sound (e.g. different Integer modes, upsampling filters) as the connected system, and the tastes are not unique.

2.5 is bringing TIDAL

2.6 will focus on library management, including performance for large collections

Damien

Will there be any time to at least comment on the possibillity to make the volumebutton on the Ipad active ?

I have asked this question more times then I feel comfortable too, but I have not gotten any reply so far.

If you think that the volume setting is working just fine as is and that I'm out of line, just say soo and I will drop it.

May be it's possible.

but the iPad volume button is very small and not usefull in my opinion.

i allways use the small physical apple remote.

not to adjust volume (allways at 100% like many of us), only to make play/pause.

The volume management is better on amplifier - to my ears.

Suggestion : find an universal remote > play /pause learn from Apple physical remote and volume learn from remote of your amplifier

In all friendliness, I don't need a lesson on digital vs analog volume adjust.

Sometimes you have to lower the volume just to answer the phone or for some other reason and at that moment the SQ isn't that important. I'm not getting a second remote to adjust digital volume, one remote should be enough. If the volume button on the Ipad for some reason is not available, please make some "buttons" at the screen instead.

Physical volume buttons on the iPad do affect volume of *every* iPad app/notification so... no, thanks!

Maybe it's so, I haven't noticed it so far. A somewhat crude attemt for two buttons at the screen could look like this. Push once for 1 db at the time time or hold and get +/- 1db / sec.

au_app_dark_sheme_2.jpg

Edit: The speaker symbol could be used for "mute/unmute" as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently discovered that it's possible to navigate in album view with the keyboard arrow keys, great feature by the way :-)

Then I tried to start playback with the "enter" key and also "play" on the (microsoft) keyboard but that didn't work.

Is there a "play" keyboard command in album view that I have missed ?