IGNORED

Microsoft updates?

I'm really tired of constantly waiting for Microsoft to come out with decent OS, the last time I was satisfied with their OS was NT4.0.

Yesterday when I arrived home, my PC with Win 10 Pro (64bit) updated, and the problems started.

1. My USB connected NuForce ICON2 did't worked any more

2. Then in the evening when I wanted to start listening music on my rig, through JRiver, not possible, kernel streaming driver

for HiFace EVO not working any more.

Anybody here with similar problems with Win 10 Version 1511, OS Build 10586.164?

Hi Chris,

You are right NT4 is long gone, but I miss it. With win 8 I had a lot of headache, with Win 10 in the beginning I was very pleased, then my Start button stopped working every other day, now this... My feeling is that they just want new things going out, while I care more for things functioning as they should. I exploded because it is a lot of let say small problems in last few years, that accumulated and Microsoft is not even trying to solve the problem!

If you ask me today, I would immediately switch to Mac, but as an engineer I'm not able to do it, because of the software. But one thing that I will probably do is go Aurender way, plus some macbook for library management.

Back to the problem, the Nuforce after update was not recognized, than after some playing with restarts/driver updates I managed to be recognized as generic USB speakers and now is working.

For the JRiver part, I receive this message:

Image.jpg

For years I used kernel streaming, because M2Tech suggested KS as preferred way for HiFace EVO, and to my ears KS sounded better than WASAPI. Now I tried WASAPI and with it is working, and without possibility to reference it against KS I would say that with Win 10 they sounds very,very similar. Maybe I can even say that WASAPI is better.

Windows 10 is great to use, but the auto-updates are a worry. I got presented with my niece's laptop last week because an update had rendered her on-board sound-card inoperative and she needed it for her Japanese class at school. After all the usual fiddling with drivers, re-installing the card and various "fixes" from online forums, all to no avail, I ended up loaning her my spare Dragonfly DAC to get her out of trouble. To be continued...........

It's probably the same update, they did some bigger changes to audio part of OS! in my opinion...