IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

1 hour ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

If you can face running a quiet PC, I would seriously consider the JCAT Femto card with an external DC supply of sorts.

Sure ! But form factor, cost, complexity are not optimal VS a minimalist nano device with good isolated USB (Allo USBBridge for example is around 200$). Hope some audio optimized nano SBC WIN / ASIO alternative soon.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

6 hours ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

If you can face running a quiet PC, I would seriously consider the JCAT Femto card with an external DC supply of sorts.  Better than any regen/reclocking device by far (i've tried quite a few, even with isolated power from PC).  It comes with a low profile bracket if that helps.

Recently had a Chord DAVE at my home, and both it and the T+A benefitted from the JCAT USB feed.  BTW, the T+A is staying put after that comparison... huge surprise but turns out EuroDriver was right on the money after all.

No chance you've tried that new JCAT Femto NIC? I've wondered where one of those heading into a mRendu or the new Uber Rendu would be the top of the game?

I'll have to rethink the JCAT USB Femto card. I have a PPA v2 card, which was well received, but never did end up checking out the JCAT cards.

1 hour ago, Ben-M said:

No chance you've tried that new JCAT Femto NIC? I've wondered where one of those heading into a mRendu or the new Uber Rendu would be the top of the game?

I'll have to rethink the JCAT USB Femto card. I have a PPA v2 card, which was well received, but never did end up checking out the JCAT cards.

JCAT Femto NIC is on my 'consider' list.

I have it on good authority that the mRendu (and possibly the uber rendu) don't really complete with a full blown tricked out PC source.

I think there have been a few who have switched from PPA to JCAT Femto card, but never compared the two myself.

I too would prefer a small source, but till Amanero sort the linux issue out...

19 hours ago, Mr Wensleydale said:

Would the Nimitra from Fidelizer be a suitable alternative to a MRendu?   Not the cheapest option, but runs Win10 so should work? 

So long as you don't want DSD 512 upsampling from it then yes.

I did try the Allo usbridge and it worked upto 384k / dop DSD 128 no problem with the t+a.

Problem is once you've heard it with hqplayer at DSD 512 rates you don't want to go back.

1 hour ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

So long as you don't want DSD 512 upsampling from it then yes.

I did try the Allo usbridge and it worked upto 384k / dop DSD 128 no problem with the t+a.

Problem is once you've heard it with hqplayer at DSD 512 rates you don't want to go back.

Could it be used as say a Roon endpoint to stream 512 to the T+a, with another computer doing the upsampling duties?

8 hours ago, Mr Wensleydale said:

Could it be used as say a Roon endpoint to stream 512 to the T+a, with another computer doing the upsampling duties?

I was able to do this on an i3 nuc (older generation) to dsd 512 rates, so I suspect the device above will too.  Just bare in mind there can be quite a bit of latency between the NAA and the server itself (e.g. start stopping) but other than that they tend to work.

13 hours ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

I was able to do this on an i3 nuc (older generation) to dsd 512 rates, so I suspect the device above will too.  Just bare in mind there can be quite a bit of latency between the NAA and the server itself (e.g. start stopping) but other than that they tend to work.

Ok thanks 

4 hours ago, bibo01 said:

and @louisxiawei

Do not give up! :D 

I spoke to Amanero today and he told me that he has received an email from T&A confirming that latest firmware is working fine with DSD512 (incidentally they also use HQPlayer :) ).
Very soon (probably a couple of days, maybe less) Amanero will release final version of firmware - 2003 - which is further optimized (he tested it last night) and it also contains code for Windows (2002 did not).

Thanks for the good news. Finger crossed for T+A's new firmware for linux DSD512.

I did kinda give up and begin to build windows based NAA. :)

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

On 7/27/2017 at 7:08 AM, bibo01 said:

Very soon (probably a couple of days, maybe less) Amanero will release final version of firmware - 2003 - which is further optimized (he tested it last night) and it also contains code for Windows (2002 did not).

Lampizator also reports that they are testing working firmware versions for their Amanero USB.  They are saying that they have 2 versions... one which does DSD512 with Linux but only DSD256 with Windows, and one that does DSD512 on Windows but only DSD128 on Linux.  We will have to commit to which type to have installed.  Do you know what / if the T+A firmware will do either?

Being that dozens have waxed poetically about the T+A doing DSD512 in Windows for quite some time now, one would assume the existing T+A firmware would not be replaced by those happy Windows users if it means going back to DSD256, or at least would choose the one that continues to do 512 on Windows.  .

1 hour ago, ted_b said:

Being that dozens have waxed poetically about the T+A doing DSD512 in Windows for quite some time now, one would assume the existing T+A firmware would not be replaced by those happy Windows users if it means going back to DSD256, or at least would choose the one that continues to do 512 on Windows.  .

There must be many like me who would rather use something like the MicroRendu than their present Windows NAA

39 minutes ago, craighartley said:

There must be many like me who would rather use something like the MicroRendu than their present Windows NAA

Solstice380 asked if the T+A firmware did either (Linux or Windows specs) and I pointed out that Windows w/ T+A already does DSD512 so why change it if not needed.  I have no issues with those who choose Linux, and add that I hope you don't really have to choose one or the other.  Me, I use both a Windows NAA and an ultraRendu (or microRendu) so I would be one who wants both if I had that dac.

2 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

Lampizator also reports that they are testing working firmware versions for their Amanero USB.  They are saying that they have 2 versions... one which does DSD512 with Linux but only DSD256 with Windows, and one that does DSD512 on Windows but only DSD128 on Linux.

Does anyone understand why to get DSD512 on Linux we have to be satisfied with only DSD256 on Windows?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

Lampizator also reports that they are testing working firmware versions for their Amanero USB.  They are saying that they have 2 versions... one which does DSD512 with Linux but only DSD256 with Windows, and one that does DSD512 on Windows but only DSD128 on Linux.  We will have to commit to which type to have installed.  Do you know what / if the T+A firmware will do either?

I think that it will do DSD512 on both platforms.

One thing has has to be made clear, however, the way native DSD is implemented under Windows and Linux is different. That is why upgrade for Linux was much more complicated. DoP was a bandaid when it was released and it is better to stay away from it.