IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

I have bought a T+A DAC8dsd with a microrendu. I am able to play pcm files (both through HQplayer and Roon), but not dsd files. With HQplayer I do not know the settings for the microrendu, but it keeps upconverting to 352kHz pcm, no output in dsd format. I can only select auto and pcm in the field for output selection. With Roon and the microrendu with the roonready app activated and dsd setting to "native dsd" the T+A dac8 still displays pcm data. Is there a setting in Roon, HQPlayer, microrendu or the DAC which I have to change? Could somebody show the working settings for DSD in the menus of HQplayer?

I have bought a T+A DAC8dsd with a microrendu. I am able to play pcm files (both through HQplayer and Roon), but not dsd files. With HQplayer I do not know the settings for the microrendu, but it keeps upconverting to 352kHz pcm, no output in dsd format. I can only select auto and pcm in the field for output selection. With Roon and the microrendu with the roonready app activated and dsd setting to "native dsd" the T+A dac8 still displays pcm data. Is there a setting in Roon, HQPlayer, microrendu or the DAC which I have to change? Could somebody show the working settings for DSD in the menus of HQplayer?

Until the internal Amanero USB card is updated to microRendu specs (meaning Linux native DSD capability) you have to set HQplayer SDM pack to DoP. Then you'll be able to do DSD, but not to the DSD512 that makes the T+A so special. Through Windows, yes, through microRendu (i.e Linux) no.

P.S. It's been discussed quite a bit here, earier in the thread.

Until the internal Amanero USB card is updated to microRendu specs (meaning Linux native DSD capability) you have to set HQplayer SDM pack to DoP. Then you'll be able to do DSD, but not to the DSD512 that makes the T+A so special. Through Windows, yes, through microRendu (i.e Linux) no.

P.S. It's been discussed quite a bit here, earier in the thread.

Ted, I guess he could firmware flash the Amanero, but that would invalidate the warranty.

Ted, I guess he could firmware flash the Amanero, but that would invalidate the warranty.

Yes, many probably would, ff only Amanero had a solution yet. They don't. They seem to be stuck in older Linux distros; they can't figure out how to get Native working in this one.

Yes, many probably would, ff only Amanero had a solution yet. They don't. They seem to be stuck in older Linux distros; they can't figure out how to get Native working in this one.

Are you sure about that?

I recall Bib01 and others saying the holdup was the OFFICIAL patch in Linux not being ready then, but it is now.

Are you sure about that?

I recall Bib01 and others saying the holdup was the OFFICIAL patch in Linux not being ready then, but it is now.

Great, news to me. Where is this news? Jurgen's (lintweaker) Amanero Linux issue thread on his github hasn't been updates in two months.

The hold up is Amanero's developer. He still has not developed a working firmware. Unfortunately, in the last few weeks I have not been able to get hold of him, which is strange. I hope nothing bad has happened.

Bib,

What is the maximum that amanero will play back DSD at "natively" in Linux at the moment?

For sure DSD256 and I think if you patch Source and Amanero 512, you can do non-DoP dsd512 in Linux, but won't swear to this.

Really unfortunate Ted that Linux is falling behind Windows...at least for now. The uR is a lot easier to implement as a NAA vs another pc.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they do sound different!

In my system (!) XLR is the winner: more Space and Separation between Instruments.

The unbalanced rca Output has a more Compact and somekind washed.

For little $£¥€ every Dac8 owner can Check this out with XLR 2 RCA Adapters.

Sound difference is Not small. So give it a try!

For little $£¥€ every Dac8 owner can Check this out with XLR 2 RCA Adapters.

Usually, XLR-to-RCA adapters should be worse because they just take the other half and ground from the signal. While properly made single-ended output takes both signal sides into account (and sometimes optionally leaves the ground floating). However, the way single-ended output is implemented inside DACs varies widely. Sometimes it's just picking the other side to save on number of components needed and result is the same as using XLR to RCA adapter.

One can also do proper balanced to single-ended conversion with a separate electronics box.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

The RCA outputs are connected to pins 1 and 2 of the balanced output. So you are using half the output stage which has been optimised for balanced loading. The XLR outputs have a better noise performance. A balanced to single ended transformer is a very good suggestion and, if of sufficient quality, will improve performance.

The RCA outputs are connected to pins 1 and 2 of the balanced output. So you are using half the output stage which has been optimised for balanced loading. The XLR outputs have a better noise performance. A balanced to single ended transformer is a very good suggestion and, if of sufficient quality, will improve performance.

http://www.jensen-transformers.com/product/pc-2xr/

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

I've been using semiconductor approach based on opamp in my DAC designs, but depends on what one wants to use... :)

Two other possibilities: intact audio THAT Driver: Differential line driver / preamp

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I've been using semiconductor approach based on opamp in my DAC designs, but depends on what one wants to use... :)

'Toobs' :D

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels