IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

I would like to thank all contributors to the DAC8DSD topic for adding their insights. Specifically I would like to thank OE333, Volpone and TWLuke as their contributions allowed me to easily update my DAC8DSD to the latest Amanero drivers so that I can now enjoy DSP upsampling from a Roon Nucleus to DSD256. I am confident T+A and Amanero will deliver DSD512 sometime in the future. For the moment I will enjoy my predominantly Flac 44.1 Khz music catalog upsampled to DSD256.

PieterJan

On 3/5/2020 at 9:57 AM, guiltyboxswapper said:

How do you mean?  Be10 variant has been very stable for many of us for months with a recent Linux kernel 🙂

Sorry, had no idea I was stepping on toes.. I meant to underscore the fact that it appears both Amanero and T+A are working to also deliver dsd512 to the windows crowd as well.

BTW I use Be11 variant which seems to max at DSD256 in my environment. I experienced one little glitch so far. When listening to TV audio using the OPT input at one time I experienced hardly any audible sound apart from crackling and hissing. Powercycling my DAC8DSD resolved that. This happened only once, all works well now.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for not being clear. My music library has never been on the Nucleus. Prior to Melco N10 being "Roon Ready" the N10 was defined as a storage device in Roon. After the Melco software update (4.04b) the N10 is now recognized in Roon as an audio device.

Hope this clarifies my setup.