IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

Hm...

Three good points against this non realtime route. Thanks.

Some questions/conciderations:

1) Has anybody compared HQ Player soundwise against other

upsampler software doing DSD512?

Another competitor:

http://samplerateconverter.com

Is there really such a great gape?

2) There is no need to Backup all converted 512DSD audio files for Safety.

I would only relay on my 16/44 CD rips.

The converting Processing could be done when need.

(Over Night, before listening waiting for system warm up etc.)

3) Storage is cheap and getting cheaper every day. ~ 25Gb per CD for 512DSD isn't that mutch today anymore.

4) There is no need for Heavy Computing Hardware ($) including eleminating noise (EMI etc.) problems that come along (more $).

Just my first thoughts about this subject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(...)

The T+A is excellent at DSD512, but not particularly outstanding at native rate playback... that is the feedback I got from trusted pals. So, yes, you should check it out for 512.

(...)

!

I do not agree with that statement!

The T+A is outstanding for it's price Point in PCM Mode when used in the right way!

The digital XLR Input (Aes) sounds a lot better than Spdif chinch! Not many reviews care about that!

With a relative cheap XLR-digital interconnect (Mogami, Sommer binary cable etc.) for around 50€ you get a very very good PCM Sound with crazy dynamics.

The XLR output is also supirior to the chinch outs. Wider soundstage, better separation of instruments etc.

All you need is a cd transport with AES/EBU XLR output. This is the Studio standart for many year. Look at cheap Second Hand studio stuff on eBay. I use an Alesis Masterlink ( 370€ Second Hand).

Sounds very good.

• 1 month later...

That's true!

The dac8dsd is very sensitive regarding power chords. Best results so far I got with the wireworld powerchord line. The soundstage is getting bigger and the Separationen between Instruments is better.

Also footers do make a difference. Best in my system are Cardas small myrtle Wood Blocks. Yes, just simple wood!

It's fun to try out different tweaks with this wonderfull Dac, because it reacts so audible.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they do sound different!

In my system (!) XLR is the winner: more Space and Separation between Instruments.

The unbalanced rca Output has a more Compact and somekind washed.

For little $£¥€ every Dac8 owner can Check this out with XLR 2 RCA Adapters.

Sound difference is Not small. So give it a try!

• 1 month later...

Sound Improvements

Like to share some tricks with you to optimize the sound quality of the Dac8Dsd even further.

The Dac is very sensitive regarding power cables. Be shure to try different brands. I use Wireworld power cables with great results.

Dimming the "Lightshow" down to Zero opens up the sound.

Plug in an 75Ohm Rca into the Spdif Output (small improvement).

Get good footers to place the dac upon. Try small Cardas myrtle wood blocks. Incredible improvement.

And we all know, DSD512 is the way to go for best of the best sound.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

• 2 months later...

There are 3 benefits in upsampling to a file then playing with HQPlayer and DAC8DSD:

1. $£¥€ : You don't need to spend big Money in a high end computer system to upsample on the fly.

2. No Need for Advanced Noise Isolation or a Second Minicomputer for NAA

3. HQPlayer is the best sounding player capable of DSD512 - foobar2000 in comparison sounds very limited.

There is one caviat:

the files are hughe (15-25GB for one CD depending on the playing lenght).

But:

File Storage is cheap.

4Tb USB ~ 115€

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile