IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

Could you clarify one thing? It was my understanding that doing DSD512 upsampling at the computer end and sending that through an NAA to the T+A was only possible through Windows and not Linux. Is that why you are running the CAPS Zuma in the T+A setup while running the microrendu in your MSB setup?

Is there a Linux-based NAA that can load T+A's ASIO drivers? I thought that was the limitation, that the drivers are Windows-based only.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

• 3 weeks later...
Both of you need to read the post again. I know the T+A doesnt use the power. The Intona does... Can't help but think the T+A input is far too sensitive now.

Your impression is at odds with Eurodriver's statement that the T+A's galvanic USB isolation renders the DAC immune from the need for USB reclockers. See post 3 from this thread.

EDIT: Oops, he may have been referring to the DAC 8, not DAC 8 DSD. Perhaps he might jump in and clarify his experience with reclockers and the DAC 8 DSD.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

I'm feeding the Intona device which uses the PC as a source of power for its reclocking/isolation. Can anyone read here? Not sure why I contribute. Seeya.

Yeah. Good idea. Good bye to you.

• 2 weeks later...
how much of T+A DSD8 owner use a USB isolator or regenerator along with the dac.. i' have suddenly a doubt about the real benefit of mines ( regen and an Intona) :)

USB reclockers are not needed at all with the T+A. The DAC8's USB implementation is pretty much immune from them (and fancy USB cables, for that matter).

What buffer setting are people using in HQP to upsample to 512 DS to the T+a 8 DSD?

I've got mine set at 100ms and it is working well for me.

I wonder why the price is so high in USD. It is priced 2750 euro which is $3072 in USD. But it is sold for about $4000 in US.

...and $5600 in Canada!

ouch! It's great for this hobby when a product represents great value and punches above its price class. T+A Dac8 DSD seems to fall into that class. However, increasing price due to market demand may negate the whole reason it got so popular to begin with. I hope there's an appropriate reason for the higher than usual price in the north american market. Import tax?!

$4000 USD was close to $5600 CAD at time of release to Canada, so that's why it is what it is.

I received my T+A dac yesterday from AudioArt. I had less than 30 minutes to spend with it. So I won't talk about my impression just yet. However, cold right out of the box, I am impressed upsampling to DSD 512.

One good news I would like to share with people considering to build new server for DSD 512, you may not need to. I have a i7 4770T processor. And upsampling to 24.6MHZ, poly-sync-short-mp-2s, ADSM7 my processor use is about 37%. I have turned on hyperthreading and enabled turbo mode in the bios.

Few questions for Dac8 owners:

1. What is the recommended filter settings on T+A Dac8? I am using wide mode now.

2. For DSD upsampling, 24.6MHZ vs 22.6MHZ which one would be ideal?

3. Should I leave the dac ON 24/7 like any other SS dac?

4. A suitable power cord recommendation. Currently I am using a DIY western electric power cord connected to PiAudio UberBuss. If RFI/EMI is filtered through a power conditioner, do I need a power cord specialized for digital use?

5. Does good footers make a noticeable difference for T+A Dac8?

Here are my answers:

1. I think people generally are sticking with Wide mode, and find that sounds the best.

2. If you have any 48k source that you're upsampling to DSD512, I would go with max sample rate of 24.6mhz, and set the auto-sample rate family in HQP so that it automatically upsamples to 22.6mhz for your 44.1k source material

3. Internally, the T+A supplies internal power to the DAC chips to keep them "warm", even when it's turned off but plugged in, and I believe that T+A recommends turning off the DAC when not in use.

4. I'm not a believer in upgrading power cords (believe it to be snake oil), so "no comment" will be my official response to this question ;)

5. I'm a headphone only guy, so don't really think I need any special vibration damping for the DAC (no booming speakers to contend with). Again, a "no comment" from me on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running a 4-core Intel Xeon E3-1241 @3.5ghz (at idle it's turbo-boosted to 3.81ghz). It has a TDP of 80 watts. It's running in a passively cooled case and is totally silent. I'm upsampling everything (44.1, 24/96, 24/192, DSD64, DSD128, DSD246) to DSD512 using poly-sync-short-mp-2s and ASDM7 and my CPU is running at 35%. I'll try the non-2s variant at some point to see how much more it needs.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello guys,

Just want to ask a few questions here regarding T+A DSD upsampling:

• does T+A need a powerful cpu like I7 to do DSD 512 upsampling? I see some of users have difficulty upsampling to DSD 512 with I5 cpu. Can someone share some HQplayer setting for T+A DAC8 DSD?
  • Does T+A support DOP? My friend is now having difficulty upsample his T+A to DSD512 by ticking the DOP option doesn't help and his CPU is I5 6500.
  • last but not the least, what's the SQ difference between HQplayer upsampling and Foobar upsampling to DSD 512?

Sorry to be a pain asking so much and any help would be appreciated.

I don't think you can do DSD512 over DOP. You really should be doing ASIO for the higher DSD sample rates.

You may be able to do some DSD512 upsampling with an I5 just fine if you stick to the poly*-2s filters, but YMMV. Ideally, to get the most out of all the filters, an I7 is recommended.

Don't know about Foobar....I'm an HQPlayer fan all the way ;)

my I ask what dac you are using to upsample to DSD512

I'm guessing since this is the T+A thread it's the DAC 8 DSD

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, bibo01 said:

UPDATE -

I just spoke to Amanero. He is really close. His T&A DAC is all opened and he's trying the new code on it. There is still something little to be fixed for which he is in touch with T&A tech dept.

Does this mean that we're going to have to physically open up our T+A's to upgrade the FW? That doesn't sound warranty-friendly.

10 hours ago, eternaloptimist said:

I am in Australia.... sending the DAC back to Germany is a huge deal....

Yeah, that's a bit of a bummer. I'm in Canada, so not thrilled about having to send it back to Europe for an upgrade. Perhaps something can be worked out with the Canadian dealer I bought it from, but I'm not sure what's in it for them exactly.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Daveyu said:

If I have the NAA endpoint in the listening room with the dac where my router also is, how would the server connect to the network

apart from wifi

If you didn't want to rely on Wi-Fi (and I wouldn't want to) you would have to run a wired connection to your server.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, FatalethaL said:

I've got a question:

If I do Roon Core (Gaming PC) + HQP upsampling and then stream it to a Roon Bridge (Intel NUC or the likes with WinOS), and then to T+A, will it work?

Or, alternatively to Miska's response, you can use Roon's DSP upsampling instead of HQP to stream to your Roon Bridge NUC and then to your T+A. Note, I'm not trying to discourage you from Miska's HQPlayer NAA solution, as it's excellent, but rather just trying to provide you with another option you may not be aware of.