IGNORED

Keith Emerson RIP

One of the true icons of progressive rock. I saw him with both the Nice and several times with ELP (my fave being Wooster College 1972 when they did Pictures in its entirety). A real loss!! RIP.

Having an ELP listening party today. I did get to see them in 1974. They were competing then with Deep Purple for title of "World's Loudest Band" and their Quadraphonic sound system certainly did it's best. The show was great, and I couldn't really hear the next day.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Keith Emerson is a rarity that could seamlessly combine classical music into progressive rock. Pictures at an Exhibition is difficult to listen to by sinlging ou just a track, the whole album needs to played though. Even when listening to Karajan, Maazel, there's a compulsion to listen to ELP's version.

I vividly remember listening late at night to AM radio and hearing 'The three Fates' and being in awe of the talent that is Keith Emerson. It hasn't diminished to this day.

RIP Keith Emerson

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Keith Emerson was also and first of all a Member of "The Nice". I saw and hear him 1970 at the concert before last of The Nice in Hamburg, German. 'Ars longa vita brevis' was a great album.

Wolft

Yes, as stated above, saw him with the Nice (and then many times with ELP). Ars longa is a great album.

Just listened to the Nice "Elegy" album. Some of the Emerson playing there is probably the best solo work he has on record.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

A terrible loss of a great musician and innovator. I am deeply saddened by his passing. ELP brought prog rock to the forefront of music in a way no one had quite done before. I had the pleasure of seeing them in concert three times, including the Works tour in 1977 where I was fortunate enough to see them with the full orchestra before finances forced them to drop it.

I have a photo of Keith that I took during the Works concert on my living room wall, where it has been for twenty five years. In the photo, he is staring up at the massive panel of his Moog synthesizer as if seeing, and producing something never before heard. That is how I will always remember him.

JC