IGNORED

The Truth

Somebody needs a little HTML design theory.

I find the site appearance and content to be extraordinarily well matched.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Lots of great info and philosophy about DIY that I concur with.

Multi-amped SET Tubes + efficient drivers for the win!

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

So the design may not be up to much, but with a minute's reading it's told me I've made the right choice of turntable (idler wheel) and digital source (Esoteric) and introduced me to some interesting products I've not heard of before. I like it.

Can someone (OP?) provide a brief summary of the site owner's credentials. I don't want to have to dig through this site. I do wonder about someone who charges $10 an opinion.

I also was chagrined by the fellow who stacked two VPI platters on top of one another, did his own machining, by hand, and the site owner says: "should be reasonably easy to copy".

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

I feel many would benefit from getting past his style to understand the methodology. He is mostly on it from my perspective, at least my experience suggests it. As I recall, he does not always sing such high praises. If the OP is interested in this, this is a stout recommendation from AS.

Lots of great info and philosophy about DIY that I concur with.

Multi-amped SET Tubes + efficient drivers for the win!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Mostly interested in what others thought of the product, yes.

I like the idea of the product. I wonder if a DAC with volume control, or DAC with no volume control but instead adjust volume with your playback software wouldn't be an improvement just based on the minimalist philosophy from AS, here.

Mostly interested in what others thought of the product, yes.

I like the idea of the product. I wonder if a DAC with volume control, or DAC with no volume control but instead adjust volume with your playback software wouldn't be an improvement just based on the minimalist philosophy from AS, here.

It's got my interest too, although I recall seeing similar rave reviews in the UK for other passive pre amps in the past (from MF Audio, Townshend etc).

Don't know enough to have an opinion but these people might:

The Truth Pre Amp

He has a lot to say about that elsewhere on that site.

i.e. Eliminate the preamp completely.

Forrest:

IIRC, his site is free, but if you want specific questions answered he charges. I cannot say I blame him for not wishing to offer advice free for a luxury hobby.

Can someone (OP?) provide a brief summary of the site owner's credentials. I don't want to have to dig through this site. I do wonder about someone who charges $10 an opinion.

I also was chagrined by the fellow who stacked two VPI platters on top of one another, did his own machining, by hand, and the site owner says: "should be reasonably easy to copy".

Forrest:

For others, like myself, who are wondering about Arthur Salvatore, here are his credentials:

"If you are looking for substance, and a direct, uncompromising and critical attitude, you will find it here. The author has been an audiophile for more than 45 years, and was an "insider" in the audio business for more than 20 years.

My ultimate goal is to make this the most informative and useful audio website on the Internet. "

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.