IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, rando said:

The coming month's are looking better than I'd expected.  Sharon Bezaly giving a world premiere with the Minnesota Orchestra in May.  Carolyn Sampson with the same orchestra performing Mahler's 4th in June.  Then Igor Levit, Nicola Benedetti, and Gautier Capuçon with Yuga Wang this Fall.  

Just got back from once again being surprised at a local concert series with exceptional live music.  This one an all female Wind Quintet in celebration of International Women's Day.  The French horn's bell was no more than 2' from a solid wood wall.  I'm still trying to figure out if this was a planned event.  Always something surprising that works out very well.  

I need to make it up to MSP for a performance or three. Big fan of Osmo, especially his Sibelius cycle with the Minnesota Orchestra.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Johnseye said:

Salonen was unchained last night.  What an incredible event.  After the first movement a woman yelled out, "that was amazing!".  At the end of the Adagio Salonen brought the symphony down to where you could hear a pin drop.  The crowd was in awe.  He has a vibrant, animated and emotional style which the orchestra locked into.  Quite a bit different from Muti who tends to be reserved.

Wow, wish I could have attended!

I've always thought Salonen esa-betta Mahlerian than Mutti. OK - you try making a pun with Esa-Pekka. :D 

That said, I really enjoyed Mutti conducting Dvorak's 9th the weekend of AXPONA. I hear you about "reserved." By his body language, Mutti seems to think the audience is to be tolerated, at best. 9_9

44 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Great report! I agree with you that we live in a golden age of outstanding female violin virtuosi.

While not female, and as easy on the male eye, what's your view of Leonidas Kavakos? I have only seen him on the Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert performing Sibelius, I believe, but this guy is amazing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...