IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

On 10/21/2017 at 11:02 PM, Superdad said:

Yes, we saw them 2 years ago in an even smaller venue.  I think it was New Years Eve or Christmas.  They have an energy and intimacy live that does not always make it to their records.  Have been collecting them since Four Thieves Gone.

By the way, you never said anything about that Henry Manx "Road Ragas" CD I sent you some time ago.  Did you enjoy it?  Call me sometime and lets catch up.  Want to hear about the house building progress.  :)

+1 for Harry Manx, his early albums in particular.

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Jud said:

Call me silly, but I would be bored with the very same old (or young) face staring at me every morning.  I look forward with interest (if perhaps not absolute delight) to seeing changes.

It was about wrong association of "I" with body, or face in this particular case. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I hope I'm not offending anybody, but the combination of Wang and Dudamel kind of sums up for me what's quite often wrong in recent history of classical music, essentially hype over substance (or in other words, I have yet to hear a recording from any of the two that I like). 

But then, de gustibus non est dispudandum. 

I do not remember any recording with Dudamel which I liked. And I like most of Yuja Wang recordings which I heard. In this particular recording Wang and Dudamel match is very far from perfect, seems like DG just trying to sell two of their important investments in one package. Yuja is really good in Prokofiev. Her performance in Rach is hit and miss. Dudamel doesn't help much. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...