IGNORED

Amanero384 and Linux

As stated in other recent threads, there seems to be new driver updates available which provide the ability to do DSD256 with Linux/Amanero. So what needs to be done in order to implement this? Do we need to send our (Lampizator) DAC's back to the manufacturer for the updates, or are there "how to" instructions floating around that I have missed?

This is very interesting. Can you provide a link to one or more of the other threads where this is covered?

It would be great if the Lampizators could handle native DSD256 from the Sonore Sonicorbiter SE or microRendu.

I've been in touch with Lampizator's US rep and I owe him an email, so I'll ask about this. Jesus Rodriguez at Sonore seems receptive to supporting DACs that use the Amanero USB stuff, so maybe Lampizator can help to facilitate this.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I mentioned this in the Lampi thread yesterday and there is this on WBF

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?20190-Amanero-now-supporting-native-DSD-In-Linux

I figured people would be really pumped, dunno. I certainly am!

It would appear that the Linux distro has to be "coded" with these calls and it should be good to go. I don't think a firmware flash is needed on the board - I maybe way off so someone correct me.

Sent from CA app

My rig

I mentioned this in the Lampi thread yesterday and there is this on WBF

Amanero now supporting native DSD In Linux

I figured people would be really pumped, dunno. I certainly am!

Speaking as a Linux ignoramus, it looks good to me! I'll ask Jesus R about it in the appropriate thread on the Sonore forum here on CA.

(I'm flirting with the idea of a DSD-only Lampizator Level 4, but still not sure. It's a bit pricey for me, and I'm scared of the tubes.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Speaking as a Linux ignoramus, it looks good to me! I'll ask Jesus R about it in the appropriate thread on the Sonore forum here on CA.

(I'm flirting with the idea of a DSD-only Lampizator Level 4, but still not sure. It's a bit pricey for me, and I'm scared of the tubes.)

--David

Good idea. I'm looking to get a proper NAA going but wanted to wait for this development so I could make the correct purchase that supports this with HQP.

The Lampi's are a bit of a different animal, but the tubes are really part of the fun with these. I too was a little apprehensive about tubes et al, but don't worry about them, far from it! :)

Sent from CA app

My rig

https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

This is where ALSA support for DSD is taking place. We are about to test ALSA patch for Amanero with firmware 1099rc1 (the latest).

This is for OEM boards only.

If the Amanero board is customized by vendor (perhaps Lampizator), the ALSA patch will probably have to be performed by that vendor or eventually, I supposed, flash the card with an OEM firmware.