IGNORED

Vinyl Rip vs Orignial CD

If you studied physics than you should already know that the bit depth of vinyl is at least an order of magnitude greater than CD resolution... its the actual recorded signal curve and not a digital interpolation. ...

Jim LeSurf studied physics:

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/iandm/part12/page2.html

In summary, at best comparable, real world significantly worse (equivalent bit depth).

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

OK, I even tried Google image search, and I give up - tell me where that comes from. :)

1812 Overture * photo - Canon DSLR Challenge photos at pbase.com

I think I actually found it somewhere else, but a Google search turned the one above up. I'll see if I can find it in context.

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

... I most likely got it from a post on Audio Asylum forum, though there is also a copy in a post on Polk Audio forum. No additional information in the posts, though, so the original source is still to be found.

... the Polk Audio post copy traces back to the pbase copy.

• 2 years later...
54 minutes ago, rando said:

The best playback I've ever heard was an analog recording, digitally remastered. then pressed to vinyl, and finally ripped to DSD512.  :)

Imagine how much better it would have sounded if the digital master had been available directly. :)