Blake

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

+1 I think I prefer this version of Jean-Luc Brubeck to the original. 

You, sir, possess a most  discerning palate. No doubt you will also appreciate how far Larry "Wildman" Fischer's 1981 cover of the Beachboys' "In My Room" supersedes even the sublime original:

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, sPS-500, SOtM modified switch, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, sPS-500, SOtM modified switch, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.

Vivaldi: Concerto in D minor for Violin senza cantin, Strings and B.C., RV 243

Anton Steck, Modo Antiquo, Federico Maria Sardelli

Senza cantin = without top string, i.e. E string not allowed, use high position please. Also, the urtext score says at the beginning of the last movement Accordatura del Violino Principale per il Finale A-D-A-E, i.e. G string tuned up to A3. And presumably E string is still not allowed, so it's really just A-D-A. Skimming through the last movement in the score seems to indicate the G string on the solo violin has no use other than the open A O.o

Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto for violin, strings and basso continuo in A major (RV 353) I. Allegro II. Andante III. Allegro Anton Steck (violin) Bettina Hoffmann (cello) Modo Antiquo / Federico M. Sardelli (director)

Home: UltraRendu + LPS 1.2 | Berkeley Alpha USB | Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 | Jeff Rowland Coherence II Series 2 | Blue Circle Audio BC-202 | Raidho XT-1 | 2 x Revel Performa3 B112 subwoofers  

Desktop: Iso Regen + LPS 1 | Eitr | Chord Qutest  | Aesthetix Calypso pre | Blue Circle Audio BC-28 amp | Scansonic MK-5 monitors | Elac S10 sub

Federico Maria Sardelli: Concerto in B minor for violin, strings and basso continuo (2011), IFS 67

Anton Martynov, Modo Antiquo, Federico Maria Sardelli

Sardelli also happens to be current keeper of the RV catalog by the way.

ANTONIO VIVALDI (1678-1741) Concerto for violin, strings and basso continuo in B flat major RV368 1. Allegro 2. Largo 3. Allegro Performed by Modo Antiquo

Featuring Anton Steck, violin

conducted by Federico Maria Sardelli

"This is the most technically demanding concerto Vivaldi ever wrote for the violin, and is also one of the most difficult violin pieces in the whole of the 18th century repertoire. It really gives us an idea of the calibre of virtuoso "il prette rosso" was. This is also the first recording of this piece."

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

Track 8 - The Trees

image.png

"Let's pick a tune and get out of this mess"  - Earl Scruggs

"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind ... " - Duke Ellington