IGNORED

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

We have an "Album of the Evening" thread, but what about those of us who tend to listen to just a song or two from an album, as we bounce around from album to album?

Well, this thread is for us. Posting of YouTube videos or music links from websites is totally fine, or you can just write the name of the song and the artist.

All genres are welcome- classical, jazz, bluegrass punk, metal, electronic, movie soundtracks, bizarre or mainstream, old or new, whatever floats your boat. The only rule is the posting of just one song per day. Other than that, it's anarchy.

What song made your day today?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Khruangbin - A Calf is Born in Winter

Sasha - View2

[video=youtube;rviXy-7zMgQ]

Bear McCreary - Assault on the Colony (from the Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 soundtrack)

It may not have insane deep bass like some of the electronic songs around, but it is 15 minutes of instrumental awesomeness and powerful drums. The BSG soundtrack (all 4 seasons) is probably my favorite soundtrack of all time.

hi

[...] "Do fathers always know more than sons?" and the father said, "yes". The next question was, "Daddy, who invented the steam engine?" and the father said, "James Watt." And then the son came back with "- but why didn't James Watt's father invent it?"

Gregory Bateson

Steps to an Ecology of Mind (...)

Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

Forty-three years ago today, to the delight of future audiophiles and recreational drug users, DSOTM was released.

I confess to having a copy of this ode to cheap hippy existentialism and cheesy sound effects, and just put it on. The puppy was initially interested, but was soon distracted. I always liked how the alarm clocks go off a few minutes into the thing to wake up some of the more hard-core substance-abusers.

But, then, i only have the redbook version, so I prolly just don't get it.

Here is the 43 minute "song" of the day (until YouTube removes it) - Editor

[video=youtube_share;9xOxQygYxJ0]http://youtu.be/9xOxQygYxJ0