IGNORED

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

The people whom Lavinia Meijer asked to be part of this videoclip left their country for a better future: writer Abdelkader Benali (Marokko), presenter Leila Prnjavorac (Bosnia-Herzegovina) and her daughter India and visual artist Ahmed Kliege (Syria). They came to the Netherlands to start a new life and succeeded in building impressive careers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Not a video you want to play at work Monday morning.

That said, it gives a voice to an unspeakable subject.  When I was younger the billboards in California carried warnings about illegal marijuana use.  Nowadays they tackle... 

• 3 weeks later...

The first-ever Yiddish singing of ‘O Canada’ in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday.

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017, Moses Znaimer, Founder of ZoomerMedia and Executive Producer of VisionTV, hosted a group of multi- generational and multi-cultural choristers in the singing of Canada’s national anthem, O Canada, in an unprecedented Yiddish version by Hindy Nosek-Abelson, a lyrical translator of Yiddish poetry and songs, lecturer and Yiddish dialect coach for stage and film.

Among the 150 participants were celebrated actress and Voice of VisionTV Marilyn Lightstone, Canadian music and visual artists Liona Boyd, Paul Hoffert, Denise Williiams, and Charles Pachter, and theZoomer's Libby Znaimer. 

Cantor Simon Spiro and Aliza Spiro, founders of the Song Shul and Jewish Music Week, led the choir to David Warrack’s piano accompaniment.

• 4 weeks later...

By and far, my extended sympathies to Ernst Krenek who had a disastrous and short marriage to his daughter Anna, Mahler is pretty close to my least favorite composer.  With the unavoidable consequence of Vänskä  recording a cycle of his works I'm choosing to dwell upon what is quite possibly the most underrated contralto in recent history who recorded quite possibly the best Mahler Symphony No. 2, Aafje Heynis.

41XWGH4FZFL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing you understood the context of posting that video?  It was the winning selection in a contest to attract the 18-35 crowd towards cultural works presented at the concertgebouw put on by their youth organization.  Needless to say it scandalized, everyone but the Dutch, and was removed from their site within a day due to the negative feedback it was receiving.  The entire affair is rather wink wink.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of all the strange things I've seen in the PNW this band certainly succeeds at being that.  I had to go wash the designer drugs out of my eyes after clicking that video.  Where might I ask did you come across them. opening for Kraak and Smaak?  

You have compelled me to post a better produced darkwave band.

• 4 weeks later...