IGNORED

Op amp options, Asus Zonar DGX sound.

I have just purchased but not yet received a Asus xonar DGX sound board. The Op amp on the board is attached to the PCB by a socket that allows you to fine tune to your taste the the op amps by simply unplugging and plugging in different amp of your choice. Being this is a very popular board I thought some of you might have experience with it. My priority's are with reproduction of 2 channel stereo music and I understand the card is more setup for gaming out of the box. If you are familiar with the card and my 2 channel needs what are some recommended amps that are used to dedicate this card more toward the audio music as apposed to the gaming setup, and what are the attributes associated with the different op amps.

Thanks, David

I have just purchased but not yet received a Asus xonar DGX sound board. The Op amp on the board is attached to the PCB by a socket that allows you to fine tune to your taste the the op amps by simply unplugging and plugging in different amp of your choice. Being this is a very popular board I thought some of you might have experience with it. My priority's are with reproduction of 2 channel stereo music and I understand the card is more setup for gaming out of the box. If you are familiar with the card and my 2 channel needs what are some recommended amps that are used to dedicate this card more toward the audio music as apposed to the gaming setup, and what are the attributes associated with the different op amps.

Thanks, David

I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX that I installed Muses01 and Muses02 Op-Amps in. The difference was VERY noticeable. These made the music more..... well.... musical. Timbres and tones are less harsh and acoustical instrument strings vibrate in a more 3D space. These chips are not cheap ($50 each) and there ARE fakes out there to be wary of. I would recommend getting them from Digikey or Mouser.

hope this helps

I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX that I installed Muses01 and Muses02 Op-Amps in. The difference was VERY noticeable. These made the music more..... well.... musical. Timbres and tones are less harsh and acoustical instrument strings vibrate in a more 3D space. These chips are not cheap ($50 each) and there ARE fakes out there to be wary of. I would recommend getting them from Digikey or Mouser.

hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, I checked into the Muses amps. I think I should better educate myself before spending money for the sake of it.