IGNORED

Couple of Cool Things Going On

I suppose I could have split these up under the music and equipment headings, but I'll just point you to both here in the general forum.

Live Berlin Philharmonic concert digitally streamed beginning noon tomorrow New York time, 6 pm Berlin time, to welcome refugees. Looks like it could be really good:

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/live

Also, this month's Make magazine has a guide to lots of inexpensive boards, including single board computers that might be nice for an NAA or other audio DIY projects:

The Maker's Guide to Boards | Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Enjoy!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Thanks. I'll give it a listen.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Lovely to hear that about the Berlin Philharmonic. The world do with more of that spirit and kindness [emoji868]?[emoji868]?[emoji868]?[emoji868]?[emoji868]?

That must be rolling as I type... I'll check it. Thanks for the heads up Jud. [emoji869]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Just ended. Enjoyed it.

Didn't look like there were too many refugees in the audience, though.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Glad you enjoyed it Firedog [emoji846]

Damn me - I was falling asleep just as it began... [emoji53]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos