IGNORED

wtfplay

sligolad

Thank You. Excellent work, as always.

Stay safe.

Cheers.

Armsan

Taiko Audio Extreme server, MSB Reference Transport, MSB Select DAC with 33 Femto clock, 2 PSUs, powered by Torus AVR 16. Accuphase A-250 powered by Torus AVR 16, each. TAD Reference One.

• 1 year later...

Hello Frd,

Please, which image should I use to boot with Xeon CPUs?

Thanks.

Taiko Audio Extreme server, MSB Reference Transport, MSB Select DAC with 33 Femto clock, 2 PSUs, powered by Torus AVR 16. Accuphase A-250 powered by Torus AVR 16, each. TAD Reference One.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:27 AM, LLiu said:

Thanks Frd regarding the USB info, I am putting the USB card option on hold as I am looking into the option of extracting I2S signal from the mobo PCIE lane using Pink Faun I2S bridge. I am wondering would the WTF player support this output at the software level? If not I will go back to the USB option.

https://www.pinkfaun.com/shop/bridge/69-4072-i2s-bridge.html#/additional_clock_for_bridge-no/bracket_height-79_2_mm_3_118_inch/compatible_i2s_dac_s-please_select_your_dac

Inspired by Slainte, I tried to boot my server, Supermicro mobo, Xeon 4 cores CPU with 4G Apacer ECC ram, on legacy mode, I found similar differences noticed by Slainte, I just loved the legacy mode boot sound, it brings you closer to the music. As for why it sounds better in my system? that's beyond me ..... 

Lliu, which image did you download to boot in your Xeon CPU? Thanks.

2 hours ago, frd__ said:

@ArmsanAny core*  should boot fine Xeon CPUs without any problems. PS. I am sorry for late reply. I was not looking at the forum for a while.

No problem frd. I will try. Thank You very much.