wtfplay

sligolad

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2018 at 10:58 AM, Ipoci said:

Hi Fryderyk.

On 2/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, frd__ said:

December last year I purchased this baby:

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G150229074080

and started porting wtfplay-live for it. I will report the progress.

How are you getting with the porting? I am really intrigued with this new hardware. Any chance you could explain a little of how it will output to a DAC?

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, I should have given some more detail.

Pictured is an Acer Revo R3700  which is a fully fledged Windows 7 PC vintage circa 200? (I genuinely can't remember when I bought the first one)

When I got irritated that I couldn't surf the Net & listen to wtfplay simultaneously, I bought another R3700 on eBay for £57. Result !

Part of the elegant simplicity of wtfplay is that there are no apps (not even mouse control !!). Obviously you need a screen and keyboard (R3700 has HDMI)

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin

20 hours ago, tonerei said:

Fryderck is alive and well. Sure he is only a young fella!   He is very busy in 'real' life issues. Job, home etc.  hence he has had very little time to spend on development over the last while.  I am sure if he gets free time he might implement some more work on WTFPLAY. But it is fairly well developed as is. Don't forget he spent I think nearly three years on and off working on this.  

On the home forum we have met up very infrequently this year and Fryderck didn't get to hear the comparison between computer and sd player when we did actually meet up. That might influence him!  

Tonerei, thanks for this news

• 3 months later...
On 12/12/2018 at 12:59 AM, rando said:

Fryderck, thank you for stopping by to inform us. Your ongoing dedication is much appreciated I assure you!!

@AnotherSpin  @look&listen @bodiebill  @serendipitydawg & everyone they tell whom I missed. :)

Rando, thanks for the name check, which sparked an alert, otherwise I might not have noticed for weeks! Fryderck, good to hear from you! I just fired up wtfplay in celebration. Any news about your experiments in February?

• 4 weeks later...