IGNORED

Aurender Suddenly Doesn't See The NAS, Need Your Expertise To Help Resolve the Issue

I'm hoping I can leverage some of the expertise here to address an issue that's cropped up using my Aurender N100. Last weekend, we had very high winds for three days, and it resulted in four separate, if relatively brief, power outages. This was the beginning of a string of events. First, my NAS lost it's established IP address and defaulted to something completely different. Secondly, a couple days later my router died (it was having issues before this, and finally failed due to one of them).

I am currently utilizing a borrowed router until I can do my due diligence on the best option, get the replacement ordered and shipped. I have now fixed the issue with the NAS, and it has the right IP address once again. My computer on the network sees it with no problem. However, the N100 is not seeing the NAS, nor did adding it manually accomplishing anything. I would greatly appreciate any help, suggestions, or other assistance on how to fix this problem. Fortunately, I can listen to Tidal, but really want my NAS back, and working with the Aurender. Thanks.

JC

I'm hoping I can leverage some of the expertise here to address an issue that's cropped up using my Aurender N100. Last weekend, we had very high winds for three days, and it resulted in four separate, if relatively brief, power outages. This was the beginning of a string of events. First, my NAS lost it's established IP address and defaulted to something completely different. Secondly, a couple days later my router died (it was having issues before this, and finally failed due to one of them).

I am currently utilizing a borrowed router until I can do my due diligence on the best option, get the replacement ordered and shipped. I have now fixed the issue with the NAS, and it has the right IP address once again. My computer on the network sees it with no problem. However, the N100 is not seeing the NAS, nor did adding it manually accomplishing anything. I would greatly appreciate any help, suggestions, or other assistance on how to fix this problem. Fortunately, I can listen to Tidal, but really want my NAS back, and working with the Aurender. Thanks.

JC

Have you rebooted the Aurender. Do a stable shutdown then restart. The power disruptions caused the Aurender to shut down improperly.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Have you rebooted the Aurender. Do a stable shutdown then restart. The power disruptions caused the Aurender to shut down improperly.

I did that, and nothings changed.Not to mention it's recovered from power blips in the past without issue. I do appreciate the suggestion though.

JC

"Fortunately, I can listen to Tidal, but really want my NAS back, and working with the Aurender."

Apparently that was wishful thinking. I just tried this, adn while, if I sign into Tidal on my iPad in the Aurender app, I can bring it up, and select music, the Aurender does not enable any way to actually play it. Which means I am left with no music in the house. With the weekend now here, thats painful to contemplate until I can get things fixed, somehow. Help!!!

JC

"Fortunately, I can listen to Tidal, but really want my NAS back, and working with the Aurender."

Apparently that was wishful thinking. I just tried this, adn while, if I sign into Tidal on my iPad in the Aurender app, I can bring it up, and select music, the Aurender does not enable any way to actually play it. Which means I am left with no music in the house. With the weekend now here, thats painful to contemplate until I can get things fixed, somehow. Help!!!

JC

Have you contacted Aurender directly?

They are able to access your N100 and check & fix any issues remotely.

This may or may not help. But at this point you have nothing to lose. I apologize if you have already done this.

Shutdown everything, by that I mean you router, the cable modem it is plugged into, the NAS, you computer, your iPad and your Aurender.

Leave everything off for five minutes. Then start the cable modem, then start the router. Once the router is working again, power up the NAS, then your computer, then iPad, than Aurender.

I know it sounds crazy. But I don't know fully what you have done previously. Also when you say "right IP address" are you assigning a fixed IP address with your NAS software, or assigning an address to it in your router?

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

My 2 cents: I always use dynamic IP addressing. It just works better for me. Static IP addressing involves too much human interaction and we often make mistakes. If all of the IP addresses are correct and you followed @baddog's advice, it is time to get a different set of eyes on site.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

This may or may not help. But at this point you have nothing to lose. I apologize if you have already done this.

Shutdown everything, by that I mean you router, the cable modem it is plugged into, the NAS, you computer, your iPad and your Aurender.

Leave everything off for five minutes. Then start the cable modem, then start the router. Once the router is working again, power up the NAS, then your computer, then iPad, than Aurender.

I know it sounds crazy. But I don't know fully what you have done previously. Also when you say "right IP address" are you assigning a fixed IP address with your NAS software, or assigning an address to it in your router?

Thanks very much for the suggestion, baddog. I have done all of those things, though not necessarily all in that exact order, so I'll give it a shot. I'm wondering how I can verify if the Aurender is seeing the network, to eliminate that possibility.

The router was set up for static IP addressing, and originally gave each device a specific IP which never changes.

JC

Have you contacted Aurender directly?

They are able to access your N100 and check & fix any issues remotely.

Thanks for that information. I do plan to do that if I cannot get this resolved soon. I'm just trying to find out how I can verify that the Aurender is seeing the network, and connected to it, to eliminate other possibilities. The router shows that it is connected, but I don't always trust that.

JC

JC

Are you sure the Aurender is in your network at all? Can you configure it from the ipad app, say? I wonder if the network hardware in it went bust.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Try to ping the IP address you've assigned to the N100H.

You can do this from your iPad with the iOS app "Fing". This will also scan your network.

https://appsto.re/us/tw1Rz.i

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Or depending on whether you have a Mac or PC you can download WAKE ON LAN and it will show all devices on your network that are up and running.

This version runs on Mac

One of many PC versions, I haven't tried it.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Or depending on whether you have a Mac or PC you can download WAKE ON LAN and it will show all devices on your network that are up and running.

This version runs on Mac

One of many PC versions, I haven't tried it.

For mac I'd recommend LanScan, which you can get on the app store (free, pro version available for $5.99).

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Thanks very, very much to everyone for the suggestions. It is killing me to go without music at home and I absolutely must find a way to address this mess. Unfortunately, unexpected family matters took up all of Friday and yesterday, and a work emergency essentially wiped out all of today. I cannot possibly tell you how weary I am of extended conference calls.

I hope things will have settled down at work overnight and I can attempt tp get back to troubleshooting by tomorrow night.

JC

Good news, all is now well in music land. Earlier tonight, a good friend who is a network engineer stopped by to assist with resolving the problems. He was able to verify what was seeing what, and eliminate many possible issues to finally get us to the heart of the matter. We were finally able to get everything working. He did make some changes to the borrowed router, but those weren't the difference. Baddog, we followed your recommended sequence of shutting everything down, and then booting them back up. That eliminated at least a portion of the problem. However, after physically rebooting the NAS (I had done this myself previously) things were still not quite right. In the end, only restarting the NAS via software, from its control app on the pc, eliminated the final problem. Well, that, and doing an additional reset of the Aurender, after the software reboot of the NAS.

However it happened, thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help. This is a great community.

JC