IGNORED

Another Good Day At The Office :~)

Hi Guys - I just met with Tyler from iFi and picked up some goodies. Can't wait to enjoy :~)

IMG_1409.jpg

What's with the british plug??

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Mine must have gotten lost I the mail. :( I guess I'll have to live vicariously off you two. Of course I'd gladly trade all that for a single box containing the iDSD Pro DAC. :)

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Interested to find out what you guys think of the DC iPurifier.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I have all British plugs in my house because I love the Brits so much. No. Just kidding. It's just on the box that way. It's got worldwide compatibility.

I have 15kW worth of 220->110 transformers at home from the time I lived in the UK. I learned a lot about transformers and plug adapters from that time (2011->2013)

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Maybe we all need British plugs. :)

I do actually agree that the british plug is the best plug I have encountered so far.

The one lesson I learned that I had not seen discussed anywhere: Grounded plug adapters (with which you can plug a grounded US plug in the british mains) ALL invert the neutral and live terminals.

This resulted in a few interesting issues when I lived there: I had my 220->110 transformers plugged into the mains with these adapters. This resulted in my neutral terminal being lifted by 110v from ground. This might seem a triviality but if you plug an appliance that assumes proper neutral/live terminal connections, you will get a massive ground loop. This was particularly bad with 110v UPS devices for my computers as well as my stereo, which would mysteriously crackle every now and then. Additionally, my circuit breakers would constantly trip - and the assumption was too much power draw (except a little math would contradict that).

So anyway... that's what I learned: If you're using a plug adapter, either make sure your device doesn't use a ground, or make your own adapter with a piece of cable to get the right polarity.

system pics