Jihan

Looking for HeadPhone

Rate this topic

You need to narrow down your choices- in ear, over ear, on ear, open, closed, portable or not .

You need to tell us where will you be using them? Do you need some noise isolation? Are taking them around town or just home listening-

I can sell you a pair of used HD580s for 150 plus PP and shipping. They have essentially the same drivers as the HD600s which retail for 399.95. They're in decent condition and I am replacing the headband cushion tomorrow.

As others have said, you need to state which kind. Do you have a headphone amp? For your budget I would recommend K7xx. For a little more money I prefer the HD650. FWIW I actually prefer both of those to the much more expensive HD800 ymmv.

I want to buy a Headphone. My budget is $200. I need suggestion from honorable members.

For in-ears, I could recommend the Soundmagic E10s. Man, these are cheap, like $35. But the quality is respectable.

For over the ears, A $30 pair of cans from Superlux HD662F is something else. I use it in most of my mixes and tracking. Try it!

I don't usually listen with headphones, but decided to pick up a pair of the AKG K7XX from Mass Drop... eight more days left. Currently $199. I think they will fit in fine with my little rig.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

I want to buy a Headphone. My budget is $200. I need suggestion from honorable members.

Philips Fidelio X2

- Open design

- Around ear

- Comfy

- Low impedence / easy to drive

- Detailed yet not fatiguing

Can now be found on amazon from USD 200

Find my blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile” at http://www.computeraudiophile.com/blogs/digipete

ALAC 16/44 - 24/192 stereo/surround on Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt -> MacBook Pro 2,2Ghz Core i7 120GB SSD 16GB RAM

iTunes / Pure Music / Amarra HiFi / Bit Perfect / Audirvana + / Decibel / VLC

-> Firewire -> Weiss AFI-1 DDC -> AES/EBU -> Genelec 3 x 8260A + 2 x 8250A + 7271A sub

DragonFly / iPhone 6 -> Sennheiser Amperior / Etymotic RE-4PT

You've not specified the reason you are using the headphones for. As Digipete mentioned Philips Fidelio X2 is great. But I personally think M50X is great all rounder. You can also go for Beyers DT-880. If you are looking for gaming headsets, go for HyperX Cloud Revolver. It's the best headphone for gaming and also for listening to rock songs.

I would suggest you research your needs on reputed sites like HeadFi, TheWireCutter, and SoundMaximum. They've got the best list of headphones.

Don't go straight away and buy new headphones. First off consider your needs. Because a single headphone is not fit for all.

On 10/29/2016 at 3:12 AM, tomjeffer said:

You've not specified the reason you are using the headphones for. As Digipete mentioned Philips Fidelio X2 is great. But I personally think M50X is great all rounder. You can also go for Beyers DT-880. If you are looking for gaming headsets, go for HyperX Cloud Revolver. It's the best headphone for gaming and also for listening to rock songs.

I would suggest you research your needs on reputed sites like HeadFi, TheWireCutter, and SoundMaximum. They've got the best list of headphones.

Don't go straight away and buy new headphones. First off consider your needs. Because a single headphone is not fit for all.

I think Beyers DT-880 would be the best option to go for considering the factors and design.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:04 PM, adwiovn said:

I think Beyers DT-880 would be the HA option to go for considering the factors and design.

Or at the end its ultimately one's choice 😁

I picked up a pair of used Meze  Audio Classic 99 headphones on eBay for under $150. The Meze is a great sounding, closed back, over the ear headphone that sells new for $309. Because it's so popular there are plenty of used ones on the market for under $200.