IGNORED

Small usb-spdif that can down sample 24/96, 24/192,... to ?/48 or ?/44.1

I'm looking for a very small converter (halide bridge, m2tech hiface, matrix,...) that can down sample all hi-res to 44.1 or 48 with the utmost care but leave native redbook as is untouched into a very much loved older 16/44.1 16/48 dac. I will go for a bigger usb-spdif converter if necessary for sound quality though if needed. I was hoping for a set it and forget it type of installation where I would not have to go into a menu each time a 24/96 track comes up after playing 16/44.1 after awhile.

Any ideas? This is all to be able to keep using my classic RedBook dac.

Thanks in advance

Sample Rate Conversion is very successful with software rather than hardware.

On the fly players like Audirvana + , HQPlayer, JRiver can change hi res rates to Redbook and without too much demand from the computer.

The issue is mainly calculations, lots of them, ideal for a computer to solve.

If there is a permanent solution then pro audio software like Adobe Audition, SoundForge do the job.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Sample Rate Conversion is very successful with software rather than hardware.

On the fly players like Audirvana + , HQPlayer, JRiver can change hi res rates to Redbook and without too much demand from the computer.

The issue is mainly calculations, lots of them, ideal for a computer to solve.

If there is a permanent solution then pro audio software like Adobe Audition, SoundForge do the job.

Thank you 1.5 :)

Good idea. Do you think it's possible to do that in two command types? All 24/88.2, 24/176.4 to 16/44.1 and all 24/96, 24/192 to 16/48 without me going into a program or menu to change that? And while giving native 16/44.1 a pass through untouched?

I was hoping to use a windows 10 tablet with usb out. Will one of those two programs run in the background while Tidal, my ripped cd's and downloaded music serve? I'm really looking for set and forget. They look like very intensive programs that do an aweful lot of stuff I don't need. Maybe like buying full Photoshop just to sort my photo's by file size. Anyone heard of a program a little intensive?

thanks