IGNORED

Schiit Bifrost MB campared to W4S DAC-1 LE W/Femto Upgrade

I have a Bifrost and was considering a multi bit upgrade because of cost. I've heard one in my system and other than cleaner and tighter bass, it wasn't a huge improvement.

I've never heard the W4S Dac-1 LE with the Femto upgrade. I like that it uses the ESS 9018 dac chip and is balanced throughout the signal. I think the Femto clock upgrade may put it to a level I can justify making a purchase.

Has anyone heard both and can let me know the differences in the sound of each comparatively?

The Bifrost I have now is the Gen2/Uber DAC. Thanks for your help.

Liveliness, and speed without being clinical is important to me.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html

I haven't heard the W4S DAC-1 LE, but I can attest to the fact that the Bifrost Multibit is a huge upgrade over the Uber.

A couple of days ago I ordered Schiit's Gungnir Multibit. I considered the W4S DAC-1 LE myself but decided to go with Gungnir MB given I wasn't very interested in DSD. The Gungnir MB is only about $100 or so more than the W4S with the Femto clock, so perhaps you should give it some consideration.

I haven't heard the W4S DAC-1 LE, but I can attest to the fact that the Bifrost Multibit is a huge upgrade over the Uber.

A couple of days ago I ordered Schiit's Gungnir Multibit. I considered the W4S DAC-1 LE myself but decided to go with Gungnir MB given I wasn't very interested in DSD. The Gungnir MB is only about $100 or so more than the W4S with the Femto clock, so perhaps you should give it some consideration.

Thanks Feanor, but I'm hoping to hear from someone that has heard both the Multibit and the DAC-1 LE W/Femto upgrade.

I'm wondering if my expectations are too high with a new dac over the upgrade to the multibit.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html