IGNORED

NAD M32 direct digital integrated amplifier

Hi all,

it it looks like NAD is about to launch a new integrated amplifier in their masters line. From the limited info online from TAS and a European retailer site, it appears this new amplifier will be based off their direct digital platform (M2 and 390DD). Specs appear to be 150w x 2, and the initial info suggests built-in BluOS comparability.

I would love to hear any more info on this unit. I've had the C390DD for a while now with the BluOS MDC and love the amplifier. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't look particularly impressive, nor are the materials it's made of all that special. The M32 should rectify all that (at a higher cost of course!).

If if you have any info, please post :)

This is an interesting development. I was figuring they were abandoning that topology given the M12/M22 combo. I wonder how this will compare in aboslute terms.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

• 2 months later...

$3499USD. It's the M50.2 that's $3999.

I wonder how it compares to the Hegel H160; it's pretty much direct competition. I hope it has more oomph than the C390DD. It does have a headphone amp and phono input so that definitely makes it more attractive than the previous NAD Digital Direct amps. To me, anyway.

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

• 6 months later...

I hang out at a great NJ dealer Audio Doctor we were discussing this piece as an upgrade to my system, My dealer got Jim Price Nad's director of sales on the phone, he has one of the first of these units in beta test, according to Jim the M32 actually sounds better than the previous separate and more expensive amp and preamp combo and with the addition of a blu sound card will easily match the Hegel in sound quality and betters it with the fantastic blue sound app.

Audio Doctor has one on order I will let you know my impressions, I am really stoked by the M32 it is going to be a great product.

Anyone had a chance to hear an m32 yet? They are making BluOS devices RoonReady in the near future so this could be a great all in one for roon devotees.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I was figuring it was in dealers by now. Interesting that it could be superior to the m12/22. I remember reading the m2 required you to manually set a nominal impedance and that it worked better with some speakers vs others. I would hope/expect the new model to improve on this.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open