IGNORED

Anyone familiar with Marantz Remote App? Trying To Get It To Work With NA8005 Network Audio Player

Well, unfortunately, it appears I spoke too soon. I was able to play 2 cd's worth of music from my NAS before the Marantz again locked up. Same situation before, nothing playing, the display locked on the last song played on the previous music file. I was able to unplug the Marantz and follow the instructions above, again, but I just can't see living like this long term.

A friend who had need of a similar device saw the problems I have been having with the Marantz and just bought a Bluesound Node 2 instead. He received it on Friday, and I was visiting yesterday and it worked perfectly, and without a hitch on the constant stream of music that we were switching between. Only $499.99, installation couldn't be simpler. No software to install on the NAS and keep updated and operating (minimserver, etc.). And it sounded very good on everything we listened to including 24/192 files. It also comes already set up for Tidal connectivity which I want.

While I wish it was otherwise, it may be time to just dump the Marantz and buy the Bluesound.

JC