IGNORED

Sinfini Music Reviews

Has anyone else noticed that the number of reviews of new recordings on the Sinfini Music site has been rather sparse this year? Normal Lebrecht hasn't reviewed anything since December. Does anyone know what is going on with the site or are we just in a lull for new releases?

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Thanks for info, I will miss their reviews. Will have to check out Lebrecht's site.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

So where do you get your classical music reviews from? I subscribe to Gramophone but I also use the following web sites: audiophile audition, audiophilia & Classics Today. Are there other web sites that offer reviews?

Classics Today was new to me. Thanks for the tip! I also look at The Guardian for reviews. Musicophile also runs a very nice review site: musicophilesblog – From Keith Jarrett to Johannes Brahms | Writing About and Reviewing Classical Music and Jazz

Thanks!

My personal sources are mainly Gramophone and the French magazine Classica. And I try to listen to all the new stuff when it comes out on Qobuz at least once.

With music reviews, you really need to find a magazine or ideally even individual reviewer that has a taste that is aligned with your own taste, as I've seen the same recording getting 5 or 1 stars, depending on who you read. Who is right, who is wrong? I suppose, while there are some objective criteria for a "good" version, there is also quite a bit of subjectivity involved.

With music reviews, you really need to find a magazine or ideally even individual reviewer that has a taste that is aligned with your own taste, as I've seen the same recording getting 5 or 1 stars, depending on who you read. Who is right, who is wrong? I suppose, while there are some objective criteria for a "good" version, there is also quite a bit of subjectivity involved.

This is so true.

My understanding is that it will be merged into the DG website in some form. Lebrecht has moved his reviews elsewhere. You can read more here: Last orders on closing Sinfini – Slipped Disc

This announcement was posted on the Sinfini web site:

http://www.sinfinimusic.com/uk/features/news/sinfini-music-cutting-through-classical-2013-2016

It truly looks like the end...