IGNORED

Playstation 3 With Extras Refurbished And Modified By ultimate_tech2015 Rip Your SACDs $300.00

I bought this Playstation 3 for SACD ripping in 2015. I actually never did anything with it except play Grand Tourismo 5 twice. I doubt I will ever do the hack and rip SACDs and I have no interest in GT5. I need to get it out of my media room.

I did research and found out what PS3 I needed. Then I came across an Ebay member ultimate_tech2015. He was selling many updated PS3. The particular unit I bought from him had never had the dreaded PS3 yellow light of death. I recently asked him what was done to the unit before I bought it. This was his response, "The refurbished console's had a "lead reballed RSX", top notch fan and thermal's throughout".

The unit is in very good condition physically. There are scuffs a bit from being black but nothing that is bad or big scratches. I am super OCD and had asked ultimate_tech2015 to get me the best physical condition one he had at the time....

I am including two brand new Dual Shock controllers, three games including GT5, power cord and controller charging cord.

I paid 300.00 for the unit itself and then bought games and controllers. I will take 300.00 for all of it.

Let me be clear, unit was never hacked for the SACD ripping. You will have to take care of that yourself....otherwise it is just a very good condition PS3.

Buyer pays shipping and paypal fees.

IMG_20160215_154225492.jpg

IMG_20160215_154128770.jpg

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

Well I just checked knowing that it was 3.55 as I bought it.....but I didn't realize when I started it long ago and did the update that I was screwing up.

I screwed up....version 4.76.

I did find this online Updated PS3 Downgrade for OFW 4.76

I am not dealing with this anymore. I am posting this on ebay and getting it gone. If I want to get SACDs ripped I will use a service.

Thanks Kal for getting me clear!! ;)

I will post the link when I get it on Ebay.

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

As ted_b has pointed out in the SACD ripping thread, the only way that the firmware can be downgraded back to FW 3.55 is via a hardware modification. http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-part-2-a-7495/index102.html#post514378

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Yes, assume that if you find an eligible PS3 (that's been updated) then spend another $100 or so to have it hardware downgraded. Folks here have done it. There is no free lunch.

This link I included I think is a scam. Updated PS3 Downgrade for OFW 4.76 It wants you to sign up for surveys and offers.

I am not that concerned about the money, I am just put off by the fact that I forgot the firmware issue when I updated.

If someone is interested in my unit then shoot me an offer. You might be surprised. I will take into account the $100.00 to have the hardware downgrade....and them some.