IGNORED

Avaishi Cohen Into the Silence

nick77

Thanks for flagging. I wouldn't have noticed that this isn't the bassist indeed.

Am considering getting it but €20 at Qobuz (no Sublime discount on ECM) or €21 at Highresaudio is a lot of money for a single album.

Will probably wait until the next discount code from either one of the shops above.

This isnt the bassist Avaishai Cohen that most of us are familiar with, but equally as talented trumpeter.

I understood your post as meaning he played trumpet on this album, instead of the usual bass.

I too wasn't aware that there are two different jazz musicians named Avishai Cohen. This is very confusing. I've only seen that with the two Bill Evans (the pianist and the saxophonist), but those two weren't active at the same time.

Claude

• 2 weeks later...

Roon still hasn't managed to separate them.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)