IGNORED

Another HDPLEX H5 Gen 2 build

What are you going to do for graphics? HDD's are not an issue, you can power them separately. Will that motherboard work in the HDPlex H5 case???

The CPU has integrated graphics (Intel® HD Graphics P530).

And yes, the mobo works. As I mentioned it's the same mobo + case seen here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/attachments/f10-music-servers/23908d1454263215-hdplex-2nd-gen-h5-silent-music-player-build-hd-plex_h5_music_player_1.jpg

The CPU has integrated graphics (Intel® HD Graphics P530).

And yes, the mobo works. As I mentioned it's the same mobo + case seen here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/attachments/f10-music-servers/23908d1454263215-hdplex-2nd-gen-h5-silent-music-player-build-hd-plex_h5_music_player_1.jpg

Does the mobo have built in graphics? I can't see it on the specs???

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Okay, if your not planning on using HQP but bughead, it should work fine. HDPlex H5 with HDPlex 100 LPS and the 250W ATX board. You can power the SSD and USB PPA card with the 2 5V outputs from the HDPlex 100 direct, upgrade later to separate psu's. Your good to go.

Probably good for testing HQP at DSD128 upsampling.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Okay, if your not planning on using HQP but bughead, it should work fine. HDPlex H5 with HDPlex 100 LPS and the 250W ATX board. You can power the SSD and USB PPA card with the 2 5V outputs from the HDPlex 100 direct, upgrade later to separate psu's later. Your good to go.

Probably good for testing HQP at DSD128 upsampling.

Ok, great.

Regarding HQP, I read it does upsampling. Is it that power hungry?

Ok, great.

Regarding HQP, I read it does upsampling. Is it that power hungry?

Yes, very, needs a heavy PC. Also on your M2, you might want to consider Paul Pang for a built in clock on your M2 stick if you plan to use for your OS??? Not a lot of information yet on M2 use and it's power hungry signature on sound.

I wouldn't use a SSD then if using the M2. HDD's will be fine as long as they are powered separately and you play from memory.

Yes, very, needs a heavy PC. Also on your M2, you might want to consider Paul Pang for a built in clock on your M2 stick if you plan to use for your OS??? Not a lot of information yet on M2 use and it's power hungry signature on sound.

I wouldn't use a SSD then if using the M2. HDD's will be fine as long as they are powered separately and you play from memory.

Good point about M2. I considered OCXO PCI Express SSD, but I have been advised against buying it, not because it doesn't sound good (which it does), but because the lack or reliability. And since it costs a lot, I would taking a big gamble by getting it.

I also read a lot of discouraging comments here on CA about PPA build quality :(

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/paul-pang-ocxo-pci-express-solid-state-drive-vs-tcxo-solid-state-drive-jcat-cable-29472/#post571611

What's your experience with PPA?

PPA build quality very good on certain separate components. Communicating, not so good. You need to know what you want. Could always order separately thru Phil if you want PPA parts. Not sure if he does the M2 styx. Yeah, I would skip the OCXO SSD.

PPA build quality very good on certain separate components. Communicating, not so good. You need to know what you want. Could always order separately thru Phil if you want PPA parts. Not sure if he does the M2 styx. Yeah, I would skip the OCXO SSD.

Well, this is my first audio PC and honestly I don't know what I want. I am trying to learn as much as I can about all custom PC parts, but I have no experience with such parts whatsoever.

BTW, what is the M2 styx? Is it an upgrade to a regular SSD?

The original HDPLEX 100W LPS only had two power outlets at 19V and 12V, not four like the current one, so I had to use the Teradak's to power the SSD and USB card at 5V each.

Thanks Germay.

One more question: I know that HD Plex 100W LPS is able to power both the USB card and the SSD with its separate outputs. Yet, you are using the 2 Teradak LPSU instead.

Did you compare the sound when using the HD Plex 100W alone vs your current setup? I would be very interested to find out about this.

PC with PPA Studio V3 USB card > LH Labs LPS4 > Light Harmonic LightSpeed 10G Split > LH Labs Pulse X ∞ > DHC Complement 4 Ag > Fostex TH900