IGNORED

Digital booklets .pdf and streamers apps

Hello,

This is my first post after several months of reading the forum in the shadows and learning a lot from it.

I'm planning to buy an Auralic Aries (hooked wirelessly to a QNAP) to substitute the MBP with Audirvana + that I'm currently using. I understand I would benefit from better SQ.

But I have a small question that it's very important for me. I listen almost only to classical music and I buy a lot of Hi-Res digital music that comes with a digital booklet in .pdf which I like to read whenever I'm listening to new music or for archival purposes (interpreters, recording date, etc.)

I was wondering if the Auralic DS app can show this files or if any other app available does it.

I've never run a music server from a NAS and I would like to have this clarified beforehand.

Thanks a lot,

PS: English is not my native language. Excuse any mistakes.

JRemote with JRiver is the only app I know of that is pdf friendly. I am 100% with you on the pdf booklets. I use them all the time and they are my #1 priority feature for a player which is why I haven't jump in the Roon bandwagon yet.

Auralic use the OpenHome architecture I think which is compatible I believe with JRiver. So, although It somewhat negates the need for an Aries, there may be a way to use JRemote/JRiver to control the Aries through DLNA or something... I am not a 100% sure here tough. Someone with more knowledge could chime in here but I believe there is a possible run around way for you.

Good luck!

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro

I haven't done it myself, but I understand you can do this with mPad on the iPad controlling MPd.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thanks for your answers.

I know iTunes does show booklets and Audirvana + too. I read them with the latter.

But from what I've been reading so far, if I set a upnp server the only option (not sure) would be JRemote controlling the Aries.

Such a pity, as I believe even upnp standard doesn't support pdf. See this thread in minimserver forum.

And the status of Roon in that regard: they will offer support for pdf as liner notes.